Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cloud 9 Blog Hop ~

Hey there, hi there, ho there!  I’m so very happy that I’ve moved my stamp room downstairs – I just love being in my little cave hidden away, yet still down around the family.  I don’t know about you, but just coming into my cave and seeing all my things makes me happy too.  So if I’m not feeling the mojo, just bopping in and looking around can lift my spirits a little.  LOL  Yeah, I’m weird…I know.

cloud9_badgeThere’s a new challenge blog for lovers of Wplus9 Designs stamps called Cloud 9.  It’s pretty cool since I love Wplus9 and the owner, Dawn.  July’s theme is an inspiration photo.  I chose to use Poinsettia Patterns to create a background paper using some of the colors from the photo.  I was also drawn to the large flowers.

 

cloud9 july 2012

I started with Tumbled Glass Ranger distress ink, adding some Enchanted Evening PTI on top for the first part of the pattern.  Then Memento Angel Pink with Worn Lipstick Ranger distress on top (which happens to be a perfect match for Berry Sorbet).  It needed a little extra something, so I added some dots of Wild Wasabi SU!.  The sentiment is from Verve’s Thankful Blossoms and is stamped on a strip of vellum.  I simply folded the vellum around the paper and secured it to the backside. The flower is cut from Berry Sorbet using the Beautiful Blooms II #3 dies, the leaves are from Delightful Dahlia and the leafy vine flourishes are from My Favorite Things.  I also added a few rhinestones after the first photo shoot.  lol 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you’re having a super day wherever you are!  :o) lyss

8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card girlie!!!

Suzanne D. said...

Alyssa, my jaw just hit the floor! This is so stunning, and I just added one more set to my wish list. I love the colors, the pattern, the flower...all of it! Thanks so very much for joining us at Cloud9!

Gayatri said...

Pretty colours, perfect stamping and gorgeous flower. Love it. So glad you played with us @ Cloud9:)

Chris said...

Hi Alyssa, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Julie E said...

What a beauty - you are so good at creating your own PP ;>)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Such gorgeous eye candy! Beautiful card and you are the best at stamping backgrounds!

Christina said...

Your stamped background and layered flower are just incredible, Alyssa! This is such a fresh color combo, too. Thanks for joining in the first Cloud9 blog hop!

anya said...

Alyssa, this is a beautiful design! The background you created is nothing short of stunning! The big flower embellishment to top it off is a perfect addition. So glad you could join us for the Cloud9 blog hop!