Friday, June 15, 2012

June Sketch for You To Try ~

Hi there!  I was asked by my mom this month to make her 2 father’s day cards, taking my total of FD cards to 6 – one for my hubby, my dad, my FIL and my grandpa, plus the two she needed for my dad and grandpa!  Yikes!  I simplified it a bit and made the same card for my dad and my FIL which I’ll show you in tomorrow’s post.  Today is the card that I made for my mom to give to my dad, and I have to say it one of my favorites!  Sorry, I know you’re not supposed to say that about your own stuff, but whatevs!  :o)

I used the June SFYTT as my inspiration, as well as a couple of other challenges.  I didn’t have the stamp set that this sentiment came from (PTI Father Knows Best), so I created it in word and printed it a gazillion times to get just the size I wanted. lol

I cut it out with a classic circles die from Spellbinders and sponged it with Antique Linen distress ink while still in the die.  The mat of the rustic cream/white (not sure which color it is, since I have them both in the same folder) is impressed with the canvas side of the linen/canvas impression plate from PTI.  The leaves are stamped in Memento New Sprout and the edges rolled in Bundled Sage distress ink.  The leaves weren’t quite dark enough, so I, very carefully!, stamped over them again in New Sprout.  Three new leaf buttons tied/laced with brown beading twine finished this off!  CAS and came out completely as I’d envisioned it!  Have a fantastic day!  I’m off to work – yuck!  ;o) lyss

Challenges:

Cute Card Thursday #221: Punch Drunk use punches (or dies??)

Let’s Ink It Up #24: favorite embellishment Buttons!

My Craft Spot #59: King of the Grill (masculine)

The Pink Elephant #52: Masculine

Papertake Weekly: 3,2,1  3 buttons, 2 leaves, 1 sentiment

14 comments:

Barb said...

gorgeous! love the leaves :)

stamplover2011 said...

Very pretty card!!

Danni said...

Stunning card! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!

Julie E said...

Looks great! I want those leaves and your sentiment was worth the effort!

Julie E said...

Oh and guess what I will be making tomorrow...Father's Day cards ;>)

GiGi said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the buttons and leaves! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card! I love the simplicity and colors!

SuzanneK said...

Oh wow fantastic design, love it. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU this month, hope to see you again next month. Hugz Suzanne

Leigh Ann Baird said...

oh my, I love this as much as 50 shades... LOL. Laters, baby. ;)

Susan Hogan said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Lets Ink It Up embellies challenge this month!

Chris said...

wow this is awesome! a perfect FD design!!

Deanna said...

Great card love the sentiment!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Wow! This is just GORGEOUS! Love the textures and colors! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

SnowflakeDreams1 said...

Stunning card. Beautiful sentiment and embellishments. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma