Sunday, June 24, 2012

CASEing the great Maile ~

Hello there!  How’s everyone doing?  Hopefully, you are fantastic!  Things are pretty good here, except that Colorado, as a whole is burning to a crisp.  The fire here at High Park {about 20 miles away as the crow flies} has burned over 82,000 acres along with countless homes and has cost over $17 million so far; the fire near my hometown of Durango has burned over 6000 acres with at least two other fires in a 50 mile radius; a fire started in Estes Park yesterday afternoon and has already burned 20 homes!  Of course, there are also fires in Colorado Springs, Pagosa Springs and Leadville…burning up!!  So if you wouldn’t mind, could you please do a rain dance or two for us?  But make sure you add the little booty bop to ward off the lightning, since those just start more fires!  lol Thanks!  We need anything we can get right now!

Anywho, I don’t have anything new to show, so I thought I’d bop in with the card I made for my first niece's high school graduation.  A few months ago, Papertrey Ink introduced some interactive card dies.  I didn’t buy any because, well, I’m broke.  But my sweet friend, Annie, sent me a few to give them a shot.  Thanks Annie Bananie!  Maile Belles made this card for the release, and I knew immediately that I would CASE it completely!  The only difference?  I chose to Copic color my hot air balloons.

klg grad 2012

The front sentiment is embossed for that extra punch.  Here’s the inside

klg grad 2012 i

And a little detail

klg grad 2012 d

Thanks, Maile, for all the inspiration!  Have a great day, friends!  :o) lyss

4 comments:

Barb said...

Alyssa, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is perfect! Every PTI release has me drooling over Maile's projects. I wanted these dies too, but can't afford 'em LOL! Someday!

Julie E said...

Fabulous!!! What an amazing card - lovely coloring as always and the shimmery clouds are so pretty.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous! The coloring and the shimmery clouds make it extra gorgeous.

Jessie said...

Great Card. Huney, I hope your doing okay. that sounds a little too close for comfort. Colorado of all places...Rain dances are being done in your honor girl. Besides you are such an inspiration, want to continue seeing your blog. God bless you guys out there!!!