Thursday, June 7, 2012

5th Birthday ~

Hey there!  I'm jumping in here as fast as I can to post this little card that's been rambling around my head for the past week.  When I saw last week's CASE study challenge and combined it with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge of bling, I couldn't wait to make a card for my neice.  I never did get it done. :o(  So the new CASE study challenge was posted and I figured I'd better make a card for it before I missed the deadline of the other challenge.  Eek!  I only had 11 minutes to finish it, get a photo of it and get it posted!  My niece's bday didn't work with the numbers die that I have, so I went forward with a 5th bday card for a boy.  I have so many of those coming up at the end of the summer...it's nice to be WAY ahead of schedule! lol
Ok, so this is an edited version of what I posted on the CAS-ual Fridays blog.  I needed to add a white mat to the card base as well as an embossed sentiment.  It just wouldn't be right without it!  Both the mat and the circle with the 5 cut out are up on dimensional tape.  CAS and done in about 15 total minutes!  Love!  Since the challenge at Papertake Weekly is Anything Goes, I'll just have to pop it in there too!  Have a super Friday, oops, Thursday, I'm off to work!!
:o) lyss
 ETA: I'm also linking it up to My Crafty Spot: Birthday with age.  Thanks, Julie! ;o)

18 comments:

Julie E said...

Bright and sparkley ooooo :>) It is also perfect for the My Craft Spot challenge :>) http://www.craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/2012/06/hello-my-crafty-friends-its-time-for.html

paperella said...

Gorgeous! I'm sure your niece is going to love it in all it's blingy goodness :)
Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa A. said...

Oh, I love this...the colors, the die cut 5, the glitter, the design...what a sweet and really happy birthday card:)!! Thanks for sharing your creativity and joining the challenge this week at CAS-usal Fridays:)!!

Virginia L. said...

I love the lime green glitter goodness--so perfect in every way! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Glad that you made it before deadline ;)

Wendy said...

what a fun card, the moment i saw in the gallery I knew I wanted to come and take a closer look. Love it!

Barb said...

i adore your design style! great colors and i love the glittery touch :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is super fun and blingy - utter perfection! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Great card, the "5" really pops! Thank you for joining us for the Birthday challenge at My Craft Spot! :)

GiGi said...

What a fabulous card! I love the pennant shape with the glittery number! Thanks for playing at My Craft SPot!

GiGi said...

What a fabulous card! I love the pennant shape with the glittery number! Thanks for playing at My Craft SPot!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love that sparkly green! Fabulous card!

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is WONDERFUL!!! I just LOVE your layout - and that sparkly green is awesome! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Marlene said...

What a FUN card for a 5 year old! Love this technique and really need to try it out. Thank You for joining us at My Craft Spot - What's Your Age?.

Marlene
DT Memeber

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is perfect, love the bling, everything!!! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

Wida said...

I love ALL of it! congrats on the win! it is well deserved

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Cute card! I love the glitter! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Debby said...

Love that sparkly green! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Chris said...

very cool!! i love number cards for kids birthdays!!