Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Winner & Drucilla ~

Hey there, friends!  Unfortunately, I was never contacted by my Paper Crafts magazine winner, so I must choose another.  Random.org chose #59!

Amanda said...

I love the stamped butterfly in the negative space. Just lovely!

February 17, 2012 10:31 AM

I’ve emailed you to get your mailing address! 

Now, I’ve finally made myself sit down and make something.  I’ve had tons of ideas lately, but can’t seem to make it into the craft room to execute them.  I wanted to play along with my girlies over at iCopic with their red hair challenge, so I pulled out Drucilla.  I mean, a redhead is supposed to have super crazy hair, right?? 

I also had to play with the March Sketch For You to Try.  Dru is a little large for the sketch, but I {heart} the way this turned out!  I know you’re not supposed to say that about your own cards, but it feels good to like something I’ve made again.  As I’ve said before, one way I get my mojo going is to grab a bunch of challenges and pull them all together to make a card.  So the other challenges I’m adding this to are:

Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps #119: CASE a Krafty girl  I chose one of my all time favorite designers, Michelle Boyer – I adore everything she does!  Seriously, if you’re not a follower of hers already, you need to become one!  I used the same stamp and sentiment, somewhat of the same layout and the cute little wood button.

Paper Sundaes #110: Green or Good Luck  Green paper pieced dress and bloomers

Papertake Weekly: anything goes

The Pink Elephant #138: Lets see those layers (at least 3)

A couple of extra details here: her dress is paper pieced, which meant that I had to stamp her little Voodoo doll again and pop that over the dress.  The pinheads are dotted with black enamel accents.  The teal border behind her is the heart border die from PTI…since it got totally covered on the front, I added one over a strip of the background paper to the inside of the card.  Lastly, the little heart button is tinted with the Studio Calico Mister Huey’s Bluegrass spray.  Such a fun little addition! 

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!  I’ll try to make my rounds in the next couple of days since I’ve been so very absent from blogland…I got lost on Pinterest!  lol  Toodles! ;o) lyss

COPICS {BG10, BG11, BG15, BG23, C1, C3, C5, E000, E08, E11, E19, E29, R20, R30, R32, R35, YG13, YG23, YR00}

13 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Adorable!!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love this! The way you did the ribbon is so cool and the colors are wonderful!

Cindi Flass said...

Gorgeous card! Love the red hair. Adorable!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Alyssa- I can totally see why you chose to CASE Michele- she is my all time fave stamper!! Great job:)

Beate said...

Oh, I love how you colored and piece Drucilla! Wonderful card.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, and I'm a huge fan of Michele as well. :) Love your card!
hugs, Sharon

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Alyssa!!! Drucilla looks awesome and you've coloured her beautifully!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!!

Alice Wertz said...

love the ribbon treatment! beautiful card!

Heather Jensen said...

Too cute! Love Drucilla and her red hair. :)

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

hee hee This is FUN! Very cute and wonderful coloring.

Michele Boyer said...

OMGosh! This is SO cute! I LOVE her dress!! And her hair!

And thank you SO much for your sweet compliments!! I *truly* appreciate it! :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Super cute card - love the ribbon especially.

Marie Gamber said...

Very gorgeous card. Love the hair! Thank you for joining us at iCopic! Good luck and come back soon!
Hugs,
Marie XX