Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January SFYTT ~

Hello again!  I alluded to another resolution for 2012 the other day, and I’m here today to tell you what it is!  How exciting!  {snort} 
I’m a huge fan of sketches, they take most of the guess work out of card making for me.  One of my all time favorites is the monthly Sketch For You To Try over at i{heart}2stamp.  So my resolution is to make two cards a month with the sketch.  One can be whatever and one has to be a Christmas card.  I really enjoyed being on the Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long team last year because I was so well prepared for the holidays – well, that and I got to be on a team with a bunch of other fabulous ladies!  I want to be at least minimally prepared for the holidays this year, so I’m forcing my own little challenge!  Anywho, yesterday I sat down and colored up two images to use with the sketch.  Now all I have to do is make the Christmas one into a card, photograph it and blog it!  lol
tps sfytt jan12
Say hello to 60’s Willow from Tickled Pink Stamps.  Isn't’ she darling?!?  I chose some papers from the {new to me} My Minds Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party line for my color scheme.  The base is Cool Caribbean – I had to cut up my last full sheet!   :(  I added a cute little flower tag with ‘eat cake’ to make it more like a birthday card since the inside is stamped with a large HB sentiment.  
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you’re having a great week!  :o) lyss
tps sfytt jan12 d CHALLENGES:
SFYTT: January
Crazy 4 Challenges #120: Kid’s bday (I’d give this to a pre-teen girl…she’d think it was peachy keen, jelly bean!)
Let’s Ink It Up #19: Anything Goes
Tickled Pink Stamps #52: Something new (papers)

8 comments:

SuzanneK said...

Great design, fab image so beautifully coloured. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this month at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Sara said...

Oh how cute!!! I just LOVE your card =) The papers are gorgeous and your colouring stunning!
Thank you for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week!

Karyn S said...

wowee, this is gorgeous. I love the colour scheme and papers used as well as the design. Thanks for joining us this week at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges. Good Luck!

Julie E said...

I like! I need to play too with this sketch and I am with you on the whole Christmas thing - no last minute stuff this year.
Guess what I am doing this weekend??? Camping. Seriously :>) Winter camping with the Girl Scouts - hoping it is lots of fun and not too cold!

Regan said...

Wow! This is one stellar card! Love the papers and that big bow! And Willow is colored up just wonderfully! Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Stampalicious said...

this is beautiful, love the black matting, thank you for joining our challenge at Tickled Pink Stamps , hugs, martina

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and especially the little tag!

Kerri said...

LOVE IT!!! Awesome colors and I love that image and those papers! You rocked the sketch, girlie:)