Friday, November 18, 2011

CSAYL: Kenny K Inspiration ~

Hey there, CSAYL friends!  I can hardly believe it, but we’ve arrived at the final Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long challenge of 2011!  I really wanted to get all of my projects and cards together for one shot for you but ran out of time this morning…perhaps I’ll update this post later!  That would be fun to see and would help me round everything up for the holiday craziness ahead  lol

pinterest - Kenny KCheck out this gorgeous inspiration photo!  We want you to pick whatever speaks to you from it and make a card, layout or whatever floats your boat!  We are sponsored this week by Kenny K digi stamps.  Such a wonderful and fun line!  Last time we were sponsored by Kenny K, I chose one of the more va-va-voom characters, Mistletoe.  For this time, I tamed it down with the new Boy Gift.  Such a great image because it really doesn’t have to be used just for Christmas!  Gotta love a little versatility! {wink} 

csayl final

I chose the colors from the photo as inspiration – sagey green, pine needle green, white and silver.  The dots and bow of the present are colored with a silver AtYou Spica pen.  I actually have a funny little story about this card…my printer has been telling me for the last 3 months that it needs ink.  Well, it’s always printed out a perfect picture or image, so the ink cartridges have been set on the back burner.  Not this time! Some of the lines weren’t even visible!  And of course, I left making this card to the very last minute.  I’ve been wanting to try the *no lines* coloring technique, but I didn’t want to be forced into it!  lol  I ended up coloring the image and going over every line with a multiliner.  Ha!  The printer couldn’t fool this Queen of Procrastination!!

Bop on over to the Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long blog to catch up on all the rules and prizes.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I’m looking forward to a little crafting down time and only creating when I feel like it, so this blog may be quiet for a bit.  We’ll see…you never know when creativity and the need to create will strike!  Have a super weekend, friends!  Smilelyss

9 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Pssst... not sure if you realized it, but you have an unclaimed prize at the Stamping Bazaar, just saw your name there. Congrats. :) The link is here:
http://thestampingbazaar.blogspot.com/

Winda Tiodang said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cute! We had similar ideas on this one! It's been fun being on this team with you! You had some great creations and I loved seeing them every week!

Kerri said...

This is adorable, Alyssa! That must have been a pain with the multiliner, but you did an amazing job!I hope you don't stay gone for long! I definitely understand needing a break though:) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Mynnette said...

This is darling!!! :) LOVE your patterned paper--and those jingle bells are a fabulous touch! :)

salma said...

The sliver ribbon attached on your card give a very pretty look,with a baby image !!!I think you can do a small change of the image on this card !!!


print membership cards
clear cards

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I can't wait to create without deadlines! The colors are wonderful on this card and you are so good with a multiliner pen--crazy good! Another beautiful creation!

Laurie said...

Adorable!!

Julie E said...

A cutie! I wish I had been playing all year with you!!! So thankful that I have even a few projects done ;>)
Don't stay gone for long!!!!!