Saturday, September 3, 2011

September SFYTT ~

sfytt-post-banner
Hiya friends!!  I’m so very ecstatic to tell you that I’ve been selected by the Jen del Muro of i{heart}2stamp to be the guest designer for September’s Sketch For You To Try!!  My very first card related post on this blog was using a SFYTT…no, please don’t go back and look!  lol  As you all are well aware, I love me a good sketch. ;-)  The sponsor for this months’ sketch is Skipping Stones Designs.  Without further ado, here is the fabulous sketch for September
I chose to make a birthday card for a little man with his special day coming up in a few weeks.  My two best friends and I were all pregnant at the same time, and we all had boys.  Carter is 3 days older than Zane (my guy) and Logan is 3 weeks younger than Zane.  My birthday is this month and Carter’s mom’s birthday is about a week before mine - I need lots of birthday cards this month!  lol I pulled out a rubber stamp set from Pink Cat Studio that I just had to have when Z was just a baby.  This is Billy with a little frog on his head – oh.so.boy!
I went super literal with the sketch.  The sky is sponged in with Tumbled Glass distress ink and the grass is flicked in with Copics.  The papers are My Minds Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite (I think) matted with Wild Wasabi.  The sentiment tag is flanked with a star, button and embroidery floss combo.
sfytt billy tag
That cute little sentiment is from a retired CC Designs rubber set.  I’d have used the *hoppy birthday* that came with the little frog man, but it is curved and doesn’t work with the sketch so well. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I’ve posted the rules of SFYTT below.  Hope you have a wonderful {and safe!} holiday weekend!!  Smile lyss
notestoknow-300x131
1. The SKETCH FOR YOU TO TRY {SFYTT} will be posted on the first Saturday of each month on www.iheart2stamp.com at 8am EST and will stay open to participants until the last day of the month, unless otherwise noted.
2. This is for fun! Interpret the sketch as you wish and embellish as desired. There are no vendor restrictions, but we would love to see you use the sponsor’s stamps!
3. Each month we will have a Designer of the Month that will be chosen from past month’s participants.
4. Come and play with us on each and every sketch! On Christmas Day 2011 a prize package worth over $200 will be given away to one very lucky and loyal SFYTT stamper that participates in EVERY sketch for the year.
5. To be eligible for the prize package, you must complete ALL of the sketches by each of the deadlines AND link your creation to the link system on that month’s sketch post (the first Saturday of the month). Everyone except for SFYTT Sisters are eligible for the prize package, including Designer of the Month and international players.
6. When posting your sketch creation on your blog, please post the sketch and link back to the sketch post on www.iheart2stamp.com. When posting to online galleries, please use the keyword “SFYTT.”

11 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Welcome, Alyssa! Thrilled to have you joining us this month! Your card is super adorable, and your coloring is amazing!

jen del muro said...

So glad to have you with us this month!!! Hugs-Jd

Terri said...

So glad to have you joining us this month. Super cute card too!

Jen Tapler said...

Super cute card Alyssa! I was so excited to see you'd be joining us this month!! I always love your creations and I'm so jealous of your Copic skills! I still have a love/hate relationship with Copics (which leans more towards the hate! ha!).

Becky Carafa said...

Welcome, Alyssa! Your coloring is amazing. I love Billy!

Julie E said...

Woooo Hoooo Alyssa!!! Congrats!!!
Your card is soooo cute - I can see why it was a "have to have" :>) Love your coloring on the frog with the spots!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

AWESOME card Alyssa!! LOVE this image and your fabby coloring! SO excited to have you with us!!!

Kerri said...

Congratulations, Alyssa!!! That is awesome and your card is super adorable! I love that image!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats! Your card is so cute and colorful! Perfect!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Congrats on your guest designer post! Your card is so fabulous and showcases the sketch perfectly! That little dotty frog makes me swoon ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Anne Tussing said...

Such an adorable image!! GREAT coloring job!!