Friday, September 16, 2011

CSAYL: Bugaboo Inspiration ~

Good Morning!  So sorry that this post is late!  We've been driving back from Branson, Missouri and I think I lost track of the days.  lol  All I can say is that my child is amazing!  Over 10 hours in the car yesterday alone and he only asked, "Are we there yet?" once!  I'm happy to be home because there truly is no place like home!  ;o)  Anyway, on to the post for today!
It's Friday, which means another challenge with Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!  This week we have a fabulous new sponsor, Bugaboo Stamps!  Such darling little digis and one super thing about this company is they give away a free digi stamp every Friday, so you can see how much you love them!  With this challenge, we'll have two winners!  One will win a guest spot to play along with CSAYL in October and the second will win a $21 gift certificate to the Bugaboo site!

The challenge this week is to use this inspiration photo to make a Christmas creation.  It's just so pretty with the white mailbox and winter foliage.  If I had a mailbox, I'd definitely decorate it up like this for the holiday season.  I would think it would make the mailman happy and festive, even if he were only delivering bills! lol
I chose to work with Cupcake Mistletoe for this challenge.  I went with a clean and simple design pulling on all that white space and the pops of color.  The image is printed on white paper twice and also right on top of some patterned paper as well.  Anytime I use a cupcake image now, I use liquid pearls as the icing.  I knew the holly/mistletoe would get lost in the icing, so I colored them up and fussy cut them out.  Each set of leaves and berries is up on a different size of dimensional foam tape.  Pretty simple...just lots of fussy cutting and drying time!  The sentiment is from a retired CC Designs stamp set and is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed.
Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you'll play along and get a couple of your Christmas cards done!  :o) lyss

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Just popped over from the CSAYL blog to see how you created that yummie icing effect! I bought this particular stamp a while ago and would love to create a similar effect. I love your card and how the coloured image stands out.

Becky G said...

Wow! Alyssa this it stunning! Love the look of the liquid pearls for icing! Thanks for sharing!

:) Becky

Patty Chalas said...

Alyssa that looks so yummy!!!

Julie E said...

That is the perfect frosting!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I'm in love with this one and want to marry it.