Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blue Poppies ~

Hi there, friends!  I'm sad to say that this is my last day of my two week vacation.  It's back to the grind for me tomorrow and I am not at all excited! lol  I stopped into my craft room this morning to begin cleaning and ended up finding a little mojo!  Yahoo!  I pulled out a stamp set that I had to have when I saw my friend Donna make this card.  I haven't had the time, so the set has sat, sadly, uninked for a couple of months.  Today was the day to give it a go!  I picked my sketch - September's Sketch For You To Try - and my papers - My Mind's Eye Hattie and PTI Distressed Dots - and went to *work*   ;o)
Every paper pack I open seems to have more of an off white rather than true white tone, so I stamped the poppies on Vintage Cream.  I don't know that I've ever seen blue poppies before, but that's what went with the papers!  lol  I accidentally cut the left poppy petal out, so I stamped it again and popped just one petal up on a super thin dimensional.  The butterfly is poking out of the circle on the opposite side, stamped and colored again (obviously {eye roll}) and just the body is glued down.

I didn't go as literal with the sketch on this go round.  I went with a larger 5x5" card and didn't round the corners of the panels. I also went with a double ended banner that is scored and folded around the sentiment.  One last little butterfly brings in a little more of the warm golden yellow to the card.

I'm hoping I don't need this card anytime soon, but it'll be a good one to have in my stash.  It's always so hard to create the perfect sympathy card right when you need it.  Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you have a super rest of your Sunday and that your week gets off to a great start!  :o) lyss

CHALLENGES:
i{heart}2stamp: September SFYTT
Papertake Weekly: Things with Wings
Cute Card Thursday: #182 Anything Goes


COPICS: BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, C1, C3, YG93, YG95, YR24, Y21, Y32, 110 Special Black, 0.3 Black Multiliner

4 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

Julie E said...

Alyssa, this is absolutely beautiful. Never again can you say anything about you use of PP, because you completely and totally nailed this one!!! Love your coloring as always and just popping the one petal has such great impact! Kudos :>)
BTW, thanks for all the sweetness over the weekend - it means so much that you notice my coloring skills, I am really trying! Just need to keep channelling you :>)

Julie said...

Gorgeous Card! So glad you joined us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Stunning! The coloring is amazing!