Monday, August 8, 2011

A Sympathy Card ~

I love to make cards, but one thing I find super hard to do is to make a sympathy card.  I have a hard time even reaching out to someone to say how sorry I am for their loss.  I get weirded out because I don’t know what to say.  Unfortunately, Kayla (my step-daughter) lost her uncle the other day.  He hung himself, and his sister and mom found him the next day.  Truly heartbreaking.  I want to send a card to Kayla’s mom, but don’t know where to start or what to say, as usual.
Cherished SquaresI decided to find inspiration in challenges to get me started.  I used the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger inspiration photo and Cute Card Thursday #176: No Designer Paper.
mftt sympathy detailI used Wplus9 Designs Poinsettia Patterns and Papertrey Ink Mendhi Medallions to create a pattern.  It’s stamped in Dusty Concord (Ranger Distress), Enchanted Evening (PTI), Ocean Tides (PTI) and Spring Moss (PTI).  mftt sympathy
I couldn’t capture it in the photo, but the card base is impressed with the Linen impression plate because of the linen on the bed.  The color is Soft Sky to match the locker in the background.  A few pearls around the sentiment add that little extra touch…but I don’t know if it’s too much.  Oh well, I’m sure it’s the thought that counts. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Sorry for the downer of a story, but these are how things go in life sometimes!  Have a super start to your week!!  Smile lyss

4 comments:

Julie E said...

This is gorgeous. It is striking, but by using only the pattern in a panel it is still understated. I agree that sympathy cards are the hardest and not something I ever want to make in advance.

Cath said...

Hey Alyssa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

VanessaB said...

beautiful!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

So sorry for Kayla and the rest of her family! Her poor uncle must have been deeply troubled. That is so sad. I think your card is perfect. Sympathy cards are so hard and nobody really knows what to say but I'm sure the family appreciates that you are thinking of them in their time of grief.