Friday, August 19, 2011

iCopic Blog Hop: All About Children ~


Welcome to the iCopic All About Children Blog Hop!! You should be arriving here from the fabulous Kelli's blog, if not, please head back to the iCopic blog where our hop begins, for the complete list. You won't want to miss any of the beautiful projects along the way!  Seriously, these ladies are so very talented!!
This is Fergus with Cupcake from Wild Rose Stamps...I told you that I am in love with this little guy!  I just had to have him as soon as I saw him.  So perfect for little kid's cards, whether girls or boys!  It's all in the colors you choose to work with...
Speaking of colors, I used the iCopic Weekly challenge #43: Blue and Orange. I am no stranger to this color combo. Here in Colorado, our football team's colors are the very same, so you see them everywhere! I have to put in a little "GO BRONCOS!!" here, or I may be lynched. lol {I really care nothing about sports, so it's hard for me to even type the words!}
Moving on...Fergus is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. I cut him out with a large rectangle Nestabilitie die and sponged Ranger Distress Spiced Marmalade ink around the edges with the Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Foam Pads (the pics are flip flopped, but the description says it all!). The cupcake wrapper is paper pieced, his little paws/hands are popped up on super thin dimensional foam tape, the frosting covered in liquid pearls and the cherry is covered in a super duper thick layer of Stickles (covered with Glossy Accents once dry).
Thanks for stopping by! Your next stop on the hop is our fearless leader, Samantha's blog. Don't forget to to leave a comment on everyone's blogs and play along with our All About Children challenge...because you could be the winner of some wonderful prizes for our blog hoppers!!  Have a super weekend friends!  :o) lyss


Copics {B91, B95, B97, B99, C1, C3, C5, R02, R29, YR12, YR15, YR18, YR61, 0 Colorless Blender}

45 comments:

Carly said...

Liquid pearls ... oh I must get some of them. First time I have heard of them. Your image is adorable ... I'm in love with him also and think I will have to get him.
Wonderful card!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Girl, this rocks! Seriously. That cupcake is genius and your design and color choices are right on!

MiaS said...

Wow, love your card! Fantastic coloring!

Kendra said...

The liquid pearls on this cupcake really make it pop! Great card!

Dana said...

Wow! This is a superstar!! I love your airbrushing and the colors you used on him (look at those cute lil cheeks!!) Great card!!

Brenda said...

Fabulous!! I love it!!! Love this image. Amazing coloring!!

~Michelle~ said...

how cute is this?! Love your coloring and the cupcake frosting! Yum! :)

Jenn said...

What a cute little cupcake dragon! Your coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for the chance to win!

Great HOP!
Jenn

mforquer said...

Oh my gosh - I LOVE this little dragon and you've colored him perfectly - and don't even get me started on your fabulous paper piecing and that cupcake frosting!!!
Gorgeous!
Hugs,
Melissa

Katherine said...

Great kid card! I love this dragon and you have colored him so wonderfully! I also really like the cupcake!

Deonna said...

I love liquid pearls, but never thought of using it as icing. MMMMM Looks good enough to eat! I love your card.

FroggieStamps said...

I just love little Fergus! Also, what you did with the cupcake is awesome! :)
-Kelli

Sheri said...

Oh gosh...your coloring is nothing short of amazing! Super cute!

Susan said...

I love the sweet little dragon, and the cupcake looks yommy!

TPaige said...

So cute! Love it!

Rene said...

I have to smile because this is my favorite image...I think he's too cute. And that cupcake looks super yummy!
Rene :D

Cal said...

so how cute is that?! thanks for the inspiration!

Deanne G said...

Wonderfully done and the liquid pearls looks fabulous! Thanks!

Marianne S. said...

Great card for a boy, which is where I have trouble. I love the way you did the cupcake, it looks so yuumy!! Thank you for sharing.

Marianne S.
sthquilter at gmail dot com

thescrapmaster said...

He he, Alyssa, ya got me! I am a Colorado girl, so I chose the challenge because of the Broncos! HA HA HA

Your coloring is FANTASTIC! I just love your shading and also, that cupcake looks so nice. Great job with the hip hop!
Hugs,
Samantha

Suzan said...

I love your work. Thank you so much for sharing.

jjocarlson said...

So so cute thank you for sharing

Hug
Joycea
jjocarlson@yahoo.com

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

How CUTE! I love the cupcake! This is darling!

Karen McAlpine said...

Such a cute image and super sweet card. Love the coloring, of course.

LaJanette said...

Fab card! Love your coloring and all the detail that you have put into that cupcake...oh and all those stars are just awesome!

Hugs;
Janette

CRAZY4CHRIST said...

This is so cute!! Love the cupcake!! I am a new follower!! Kristan

jengd said...

Beautiful coloring job! I love your pop-up detailing but I just can't get my eyes off of that cupcake- fantastic!

Melissa Bell said...

I love how you did the cupcake frosting! thanks for the idea :)

Anniebee said...

This is sooo cute! Great job coloring the little dinosaur or whatever he is and the cupcake looks yummy! I'm a new follower.

Anniebee
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

cg said...

Too cute!!! That cupcake is inspired.

Scrapthat said...

Very cute! I really love the cupcake!

organizedchaos said...

I can't tell you what I love more...the coloring on the dino, the dino himself or the cupcake frosting!!!!

Scrapalajen said...

Alyssa, LOVE the coloring on the dino and the cupcake frosting! Time to get me some liquid pearls:-)

Candy Spiegel said...

Wow!!!

Heather B said...

Hmmmm...I love those liquid pearls!! And the stickles too. I'll have to pull my stickles out more often.

earthspirit927 said...

Amazing just amazing!! I love the way you did the cupcake:) And you are right that stamp is just great:) Might have to go check it out myself:)

Melissa

expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Hazel said...

such a wonderful card and love the frosting in perfect pearls thats so clever,
H xx

jodilynn67 said...

Very cute!

Queen B said...

Oh, I love dragons! Such a cutie. Great card. :)

nanavf said...

What a great combinations of different elements on this card!

Kasey said...

Oh I can see why you love this image so much. He/She is super cute. I love your colour combo too and that cupcake icing is such a fabulous effect. Might just have to CASE that idea. Thank you so much for shaing it.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Stephi said...

so cute and a lovely cake you have done, such a nice effect

JLJ Designs said...

Fantastic card!

Jen

Chris said...

fabulous copic oloring, you rock!! the card is adorable!!

Julie E said...

What a cutie! Your cupcake is just so creative - who would have ever thought of topping the stickles with glossy accents - genius!!!