Friday, August 12, 2011

CSAYL: Sweet Inspiration ~

Happy Friday, friends! It’s Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long time! Our fearless leader, MacKenzie, has given us a yummy inspiration photo to work from. The winner of this week’s challenge will get to join us as a guest designer in September! (Aack!! I cannot even believe that it is almost my birth month!!!)

Talk about a doozy!! Soft pastel colors and cake…I didn’t even know where to start! I loved the detail on the table, the frosting reminiscent of ruffled ribbon and just had to use the colors of soft lemon and blushing pink.

I wanted to give my precious Copics a break {gasp!}, so I went with a stamped image of a gift from Papertrey Ink’s Holiday Button Bits. I’m challenging myself to use up some old Christmas Pattern Paper and these little gifts are just the size of some of my scraps. I stamped the little bow twice with Pure Poppy ink – so easy to line up since they’re clear stamps! The card base is Vintage Cream to match the little snowmen in the paper (Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly). The background is stamped with Lemon Tart and Sweet Blush inks and the Background Basics: Christmas set. I ruffled some soft pink grosgrain ribbon using Scortape and some small glue dots. This is the first time I’ve tried this and I really like it! Totally NOT a mailable card though! Lol
Finally, I wanted to use the detail on the table to frame a sentiment. I found an old Cuttlebug die with swirly, yummy details and cut it out of the cream cardstock. It’s glued directly to the card base with the sentiment popped up on a small dimensional.
Go ahead and bop around to the other CSAYL design team’s blogs to see their fabulous creations. As always, thank you so very much for stopping by! I'll be back later with my hubby's birthday card...I looked to challenges for some inspiration to get it done and want to post before deadline!  lol  Hope you have a fantabulous Friday and start to your weekend! :o) lyss

3 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors and your ribbon is fabulous!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

This is gorgeous, Alyssa! I absolutely love the ribbon treatment!
:)Becky

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so beautiful and soft and unique. Love it!