Friday, August 19, 2011

CSAYL: No RG ~

Happy Friday!! Time for another challenge with Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long!  Perfect Presentation is the fabulous sponsor for this week’s challenge. Perfect Presentation creates printable and cut-able templates for use with digital cutting machines like the Cricut and Silhouette. Not only are these templates for the perfect presentation every time, but you will also find tags, circle cuts and labels for a great price!  The challenge this week is to create a project using non-traditional colors - no red or green!  A random participant will win their choice of one template from Perfect Presentation!

I chose to work with Able Gable, my absolute favorite template from this line!  It's so roomy and easy to put together!  I used Verve's Glad Tidings to add the snowflakes to the base Soft Sky layer.  I thought that was all I wanted to do - no mats, no muss, no fuss!  But it was just a little plain, so I added a mat of Smokey Shadow and stamped a white layer with the snowflakes.  When I moved my craft room from my mom's back to my house, I didn't bring all of my SU! inks.  I had to improvise a little with the inks that I have here.  So I tapped Fresh snow ink on first and followed with a little Aqua Mist, softening the greenish hue of the aqua color.  The sentiment is from PTI's Big and Bold Holiday Wishes and is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink.
Thank you so very much for stopping by today!  If you get a chance, have a look at my second post for the day!  iCopic is having a blog hop with tons of fabulous prizes!  Have a great weekend!  :o) lyss

2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous! I adore non-traditional Christmas colors. The bold sentiment on the front is just perfect for this design.

Patty Chalas said...

very cute Alyssa!!
TFS
Patty