Thursday, August 25, 2011

CSAYL: Monochromatic ~

Hi there, fabulous Friday friends!  It’s time for another Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long challenge.  This week we want your creations to be monochromatic – all one color, whether that be red, green, blue, black or gold, keep the color of your creation centering around one hue.
I went camping this week, so my time was a bit limited.  Seriously?!  Who knew that camping for one night would take so much preparation and clean up?  lol  It was fun though!  I stuck with a pretty easy monochromatic scheme of browns.  I love to color with my Copics in sepia/kraft tones using E41, E42, E43, E44 and E49.  I need E47 to really complete the set for myself…guess that’s getting added to the wish list! 
This sweet little bear and snowman are from a retired CC Designs set.  They’re stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and cut out using the Labels 3 nestabilities.  While still in the die, I sponged the edges with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks.  The card base is kraft stamped with PTI Polka Dot Basics 1 in Vintage Cream ink.  I had a little rusty snowflake left over from a Christmas decoration that I tore apart last year, so I tied that on with some Rustic Cream button twine and a little tag from PTI’s Tiny Tags set.  It matches so perfectly with the little heart cut out!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please play along and get a head start on all those Xmas cards!  You’ll thank me later {wink!}  The winner of this week’s challenge will get to join us as a guest designer in September!  I happen to be good buddies with one of the winners from this month, and I’m so excited that she’ll be joining us in a couple weeks!!  ;o)  Have a super weekend!!  ~lyss

5 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is beautiful and now I want Tiny Tags--curses! I love the overall look to your card. It's so rustic and homey.

Camping? Gross. Glad you had fun.

Terri said...

Very cute. The monochromatic look is very cool.

Kerri said...

LOL at Leigh Ann! I thinking camping is gross too hahaha! I'm glad you had fun, though:) That image is so super cute and your coloring looks awesome! I am no good at monochromatic. Tried it and don't like it.

Chris said...

too dam cute!! love the mono on this image!!

Julie E said...

Love this card!!! I skipped the mono challenge, mostly because I ran out of time! We spent last weekend preparing for the hurricane and then we lost power. I am not camping anytime soon. 3 1/2 days w/o power counts as camping in my book and I am with Leigh Ann and Kerri that it is gross!!! The worst part was that while I did not have power at home, there was power at work. Fortunately the person I carpool with had power so I was able to shower at her house.
BTW, you are just super duper sweet!!! So glad you introduced me to CSAYL, I really am getting my cards done :>) Next I need to start working on some gifties too!