Monday, July 4, 2011

Swinging Sweetie ~

Happy 4th of July!!  Here's my iCopic post from this past week...hope you all have a fun, happy and safe holiday!

Good morning! Alyssa here with a little Swinging Sweetie from a new line of stamps called Tutti Cuti.  These deeply etched, red rubber stamps, come pre-cut on foam ready to slap on an acrylic block and stamp away!
When I sat down to create this card, I had a totally different idea in my head.  I was going to create a tree for her to be swinging from with baker's twine ropes on the swing and a blue sky/cloud background...after several attempts to get the tree just so, I gave up!  lol  I went and found a sketch to play with and came up with this little number.  This is Jen's deconstructed sketch #8 and I love it!!!  It's my most favorite sketch ever!!

She is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored to coordinate, but not necessarily match, the dp.  I visualized the light shining straight down on her which is why the highlights are on the center of her head and legs.  I don’t know why, but I almost always have my light shining from the upper right…maybe because I’m right handed…I don’t know.  iCopic carries a book that is very helpful in determining your light source and how you would shade your image called Shadows & Shading: A Beginner’s Guide to Lighting Placement by the Copic Queen, Marianne Walker.  It’s a great little book that even comes with 4 clear guides to lay over your image to help you visualize the shadows more.  I highly recommend it! 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I always appreciate your comments!  If you have any requests of what you'd like to see, bop in and mention them...if I can't make a tutorial happen, I'm sure one of my fabulous design teammates can!  For all my fellow Americans, have a happy, fun and safe holiday!!  And just have a fabulous Monday for all my other iCopic friends!  :o) lyss

COPICS {B14, C1, C3, E000, E00, E02, E29, E31, E33, E37, G00, G02, R20, R30, R32, R35, YR00 Y21, Y26, Y32, 0 Colorless Blender}

3 comments:

Julie E said...

Such sweetness! There you go with another winter card :>)
Thanks for the idea about the book too. I am still focusing on just staying in the lines, but someday soon maybe I can start thinking about highlights :>)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love how you did the buttons in the corners and that cute little tag! Overall, it's an awesome card!

Sussie said...

Very sweet card with great details!
The buttons and the tag...