Thursday, July 28, 2011

Make It Monday: White Ink ~

Hello friends and fellow stamping addicts! Hope your week is going well! I just had to play along with the Make it Monday challenge for this week – coloring with white ink. The funny thing to me about the video is that last November, I had an idea for the Made with Snow snowman CAS card on kraft cardstock. I just had to have it, so I bought it off the PTI forum…and have yet to ink it up!! While I could have made a few Xmas cards for this challenge, I didn’t want to seem as if I were copying Heather Nichol’s design. I chose to ink up my Year of Flowers: Mums set instead. This is my favorite of the YOF series I think. It’s just so pretty!  I’m really working more towards the CAS style – especially because I never send my cards out. If they’re CAS and can be mailed without having to go to the post office, perhaps more of them will make it out to my friends and family. ??? We shall see!  I'm also entering this in the Moxie Fab Challenge: Fanatical about Botanical.  What's innovative to me about this card?  Coloring with chalk inks!
I clear embossed the flowers, leaves and a sentiment from Think Big Favorites 3 (stamped in Versafine Onyx Black). I then stamped Background Basics: Tin Types in Spring Moss. In the future, I think I’d do this step first so I wouldn’t have to smear the background when wiping it off the embossed sentiment. I colored the mums by dipping a Q-tip in Fresh Snow ink and swirling it all over. I added a teeny bit of yellow chalk ink to the centers and colored the leaves the same way with green chalk ink. All in all, a pretty quick card!
It needed a little extra something, so I added some white and green embroidery floss tied through the center of a black vintage button. Easy, quick and no bleed through like there would be with my beloved Copics! I can’t wait to try this out with some of the other chalk inks I have and tend to not use (they stain my stamps). Thanks so much for stopping by! I’ll be back tomorrow with a fun little gift set using Perfect Presentation Cute Carton template for Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long! Have a great night! :o) lyss

2 comments:

Julie E said...

Ooooo, I like!!! Looks so good with the background and the floss is just the right touch :>) I am lovin' the floss lately too.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so beautiful!