Monday, July 11, 2011

Failure Leads to Success ~

At least I hope failure leads to success!  ;o)  Here's my iCopic post from Friday...

I've got a card here that was soooooo much better in my head!  LOL  Do you ever do that?  Have an absolutely clever card all mapped out in your brain, you stew on it and figure it all out and then it just doesn't happen the way you want it to?  That is exactly what happened with this card, but I figure we grow from our failures!  Maybe you can give me some suggestions on how to make it better? 
First off, here is the adorable little Kitty with Cake from Wild Rose Stamps.  I don't have cats because I am wildly allergic to them, so I went with whatever colors I felt like playing with instead of leaning toward realistic colors.  The browns are a cocoa combo - E71 & E74 while the creamier spots are a combo of E51 and YR30.  YR30 is one of the new colors that was released this year and I just love it!  It's soft and vanilla like - the perfect cream color.   The cake is covered in stardust Stickles with more glitter spread around the candle flames. 

Here's where the card needs help.  Instantly upon seeing this stamp, I thought it would be darling to only get a peek of the cake from the outside of the card.  So little kitty is stamped and colored inside.  Give me some suggestions on how to make this front work! 
 And here is the inside of the card.  It might just be paper/color choices that don't work for me, but I need help with this one because I still love the concept! 
Thanks so much for stopping by this week!  It's always fun to read your comments!  :o) lyss

COPICS {BG10, BG13, BG15, BG49, C1, C3, C5, E51, E71, E74, R20, R32, R35, Y35, YR30, 0 Colorless Blender}

2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I don't think it's a failure at all. I think it's terribly cute! I really like that creamy yellow copic color and the pattern paper is beautiful. The big sentiment on the front is awesome--gotta get that set. The ribbon treatment on the front goes with it all perfectly. I know what you mean though about things not coming out like you see them in your head.

Kerri said...

I love it and I think the concept is fabulous! You pulled it off perfectly! I really think the front is so pretty with the decorative edge and bow. The only thing I can think of is to maybe add a layer of matting to the hole~like an outline? That kitty is so cute and your coloring looks awesome!!!