Thursday, July 28, 2011

CSAYL: The Whole Sha-Bang ~

Happy Friday!! I love Fridays with Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long! Creating my own Christmas cards is what got me interested in stamping in the first place! It has snowballed since then into so much more, as it does for all of us, to the point that I don’t always get all of the things/cards done for Xmas as I initially had planned. Being part of this design team has helped me to get way ahead of myself for the holiday season, and I love that!! Plus I get to work with an amazing group of women and tons of fun sponsors!! Speaking of sponsors…
Perfect Presentation is our sponsor for this week’s challenge. Perfect Presentation creates printable and cut-able templates for use with digital cutting machines like the Cricut and Silhouette. Not only are these templates for the perfect presentation every time, but you will also find tags, fancy schmancy circle cuts and gorgeous labels for a slammin’ good deal! When you think about all the possibilities and how you can re-size everything, these templates and goodies are well worth your hard earned cash!! The challenge this week is to create a gift trio – tag, card and package. A random participant will win their choice of one template from Perfect Presentation!
I chose to work with Cute Carton. In this template, you get two sizes – a one sheet carton and a larger, more roomy size using two sheets of cardstock. I worked with the smaller version to go with the small size of the card. It was cut from Midnight Sky shimmer cardstock and assembled with scoretape.
 I cut a little tag from Tag Set 1 at the same time. The sentiment is from PTI’s Fillable Frames 9 and embossed in detail white embossing powder. The snowflake is cut from white shimmer cardstock and attached to the carton with dimensional foam tape. A couple of rhinestones finish it off and tie it in with the card.



The card utilizes the negative space of the snowflake die. I love this card because I can see so many other little cards utilizing negative spaces – whether they be from die cut shapes or shapes cut from some of my Cricut cartridges that I don’t use nearly enough! The sentiment is from Wreath for All Seasons (love that font mix!) and is embossed as well. A couple more rhinestones finish it up! Funny little back story on this set – I made the card for a publication call. After I had everything all typed up, photographed and edited and was ready to hit submit, I realized the call was for winter themed non-Xmas cards! Whoopsie!! So it sat on my desk until I got the challenges from our fearless CSAYL leader and decided I could just make a template and tag to go along with it!! Lol
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you’re inspired to play along with the last of our Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long challenges for July! I can’t believe that next week is August already!! Have a super weekend, friends!! :o) lyss

9 comments:

Kerry Steger said...

Alyssa,
This set is so elegant and stylish!! The colours are divine together and the detail with the embossing adds that perfect finishing touch!!

MacKenzie said...

Such a stunner this week Alyssa! That shimmery blue cardstock is TO DIE FOR!
Hugs

Lisa Kind said...

Funny story about the card! I do things like that all the time! But I'm glad you got to use it here...it's beautiful! Love that shimmer navy paper! And you template is so cute too!

Patty Chalas said...

what a beautiful project!!
love the shimmering of the blue.
TFS
Patty

Judy Applegarth said...

The box turned out so cute. Great job.

Heather said...

Wow! Love this set!! What did you use for the snowflake cutout? The shape is awesome and I love how you used the negative space for such a stunning card.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is a gorgeous, shimmery set! Beautiful work!

Kerri said...

OOH, this is GORGEOUS! I just love that shimmer cs, and the white just pops against it! Awesome designs, Alyssa!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hi Alyssa! I love this Christmas set! And the navy and white is so elegant for a holiday color combo. I must say, I'm pretty jealous that you are getting such a fab head start on holiday cards :D I can't even remember if I mailed out cards last Christmas...LOL! Lovely work, lady ;D Hugz, Cheryl