Thursday, July 14, 2011

CSAYL: Sketch ~

Happy Friday, friends! Thanks to Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long I have about 10 Christmas cards done and 4 extra Christmas projects! How about you? Have you even started?? You should play along with us this week!! The uber talented MacKenzie has given us a fantastic sketch to work with, and you all know how much I love my sketches! Sketches mean that all - well, most - of the hard work is done for me! Gotta love that! The winner of this week’s challenge will get to join us as a guest designer in August!




I chose to work with this darling stamp from Rubbernecker called Moose with lights in antlers. If the truth must be told, I’ve had this little guy colored and matted since making Xmas cards last winter. I wanted to feel like I’d done something extra, so I added some glow of the lights to his body and antlers with color pencils. Since he’s stamped on Rustic Cream cardstock, his hat brim and pom are covered in white appliquĂ© and heated for lovely puffiness. I also added Glossy Accents to all of the lights. I needed to add a sentiment and to break up the striped ribbon, so in comes another Tiny Tag. I told you I’d be using those on everything!! Lol The double bow is a little distracting, so that may have to change before he can be mailed.
The end of July is drawing near, can you believe it?!?! That means that Christmas is only 23 weeks away! Why don’t you join in the challenges and get a few cards done before the craziness ensues? This week we are honored to include Linda from The Stamper’s Touch as a guest designer. Please go leave her some love and bop around to the other CSAYL design team’s blogs to see their fabulous creations. As always, thank you so very much for stopping by! Hope you have a fantabulous Friday and start to your weekend! :o) lyss

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Fabulous card! The image is super cute and your layout and colors (the black is cool!) are superb!