Thursday, July 21, 2011

CSAYL: It's All About You ~

TGIF!!!  Seriously!!  I had a huge shipment yesterday and my boss showed up to do a long store visit...which I failed :(...I'm just ready for the weekend now!!  lol   I'm super glad to have this fabulous hobby that gives me a little bit of stress relief...and a little bit of stress because I only want to put out what I feel is my best work possible!  lol  Anyhow...
Friday for me means another card marked off the list for Christmas!!!  The sponsor for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long this week is the wonderful Amber Ink.  Amber Ink just turned one this very week!  {Happy Birthday Amber Ink!!!}  They are made up of a generous, talented, giving, kind, supportive and - well, just plain fantastic! - mother and daughter duo, Pam and Amber.  Not only does Amber Ink create adorable and funny acrylic and digi stamps, but they also offer gorgeous digital papers!  The randomly selected winner of this week's challenge will win a $10 gift certificate to the Amber Ink store!!
So what's the challenge you ask???  Well...it's all about you!  Pick your favorite color and create a Christmas based project around it!  My favorite color?  I have no idea!  I love orange...and red...and pink...and teal!  I also tend to lean towards black - a LOT!  So I went eenie, meenie, minie, moe and picked  red as my favorite for this challenge.
The image is from the You're the Perfect Package digi set.  I pictured some warm fleece red jammies as I was coloring little Amber up and matched the present she's wrapping to the Figgy Pudding paper...too bad it got covered up in the whole design!  The layout is the Mojo Monday 200 sketch.  Happy 200 sketches, Julee!  They are always amazing and inspiring!!
Again, I hope you play along with us this week!  Have a great weekend!  :o) lyss

COPICS {BG15, BG23, E00, E02, E04, E11, E27,E29, E33, E37, R02, R20, R24, R29, R59, YG95}

4 comments:

Kerry Steger said...

Love your card Alyssa - I also picked red and the same image!! I also love the layout you used for this card, it works really well!!

Dana said...

Red IS my favorite color but I adore all of the accents colors you used with it! I love how you colored the little present to match your papers too!
Hugs~
Dana

Julie E said...

Fun card!
Hope your weekend made up for your week :>) No stress!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Perfection! I want to say more but I've got stamp-a-faire hangover and can't form words.