Thursday, July 7, 2011

CSAYL: Heavy Metal Holiday ~

Kenny K downloads is the sponsor for this week's challenge at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!  I love these images...edgy, detailed and fun!  With this challenge, we'll have 3 winners!!  The first will win their choosing of 3 digis, the second will win 2 digis and the third will win 1 digi. 

So what's the challenge?  Heavy Metal!  We want you to incorporate metal into your holiday creation.  You can use hardware, brads, embellishments or whatever your creative mind comes up with! 
I was lucky enough to get to play with this sassy little number called Mistletoe.  I made the card with hubby in mind - too bad I don't look like that in real life!  ROFL  I used my beloved Copics on her (but of course!) and some white flock and superfine glitter for all the fuzzy parts of her outfit.  The mistletoe has just a hint of opal liquid pearls because mistletoe berries are actually white.  It's so hard to not color it in like holly!  lol

The sketch is the July Sketch For You To Try over at i{heart}2stamp.  I've added some metal with the brad centers of the snowflakes and a couple of mini jingle bells flanking the sentiment tag.  I've just got to mention that I am so, so glad I broke down and got the Tiny Tags set and die from PTI...I think you'll be seeing A LOT of these!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you come around to play with us over at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!  You have 3 chances to win this week!  :o) lyss 

COPICS {E000, E00, E02, E11, E13, E29, E37, E71, E74, G28, R20, R24, R29, R59, RV69, W5, W7, YG63, YG67, 110 Special Black}

2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Sassy was the first word that popped in my head when I saw this super freaking fabulous card! Love this! I wish I had her hair.

Patty Chalas said...

your card is very nice...love how you colored it!!
TFS
Blessings
Patty