Monday, June 27, 2011

You Glow Girl ~

Hiya there, friends!  It's time to show you some of the new goodies from iCopic I got to play with for the month!  I got this fabulous chandelier stamp from the Penny Johnson Vintage line by Stampavie and an amazing new product from Tsukineko called Fireworks.   
This little baby is colored with some golden yellows {Y21, Y26 and Y28} on vintage cream cardstock.  Our challenge last week at iCopic was to color on anything other than white cardstock.  Coloring these beautiful yellows on this cream allowed a richer color I think.  Plus, the opal Ranger Liquid Pearls that I added stand out so much better!  I used the current sketch from my friend Jen's blog, deconstructing jen.  She features one of her sketches every Thursday - perfect for when I'm trying to crank out a card for a Friday deadline! lol

The new Tsukineko product, Fireworks, is a lovely, colorful, shimmery spray that coordinates with Memento colors.  I received Desert Sand which is very golden...perfect for that candle light glow!  I didn't want to spray my whole image however, so I sprayed it onto my craft mat and applied it to the image with an aqua painter.

 If you click on the picture below, you can really see all the shimmery goodness!  The sentiment circle was sprayed all over so you can get an idea of how these wonderful sprays work! 
That's it for me!  Hope you have a wonderful day!!  :o) lyss
COPICS {R24, R29, Y000, Y11, Y21, Y26, Y28}    Ha, ha, Chris!!  I only used 7 markers on this!!  ;o)

3 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous! The shimmer is really pretty and I love the black background with the golden yellows.

Kerri said...

EEK, I've missed so much! That chandelier is gorgeous and so is your coloring! The shimmer spray is the perfect touch!

Julie E said...

So elegant!!! Your flames are perfect!