Friday, June 3, 2011

CSAYL: A Little Something for You ~

Hey!  How are you all doing?  I'm not so hot...well, actually I am.  I think I'm running another fever here.  Gotta love that it's finally sunny and 90 degrees outside, and I'm stuck inside with strep or some other nasty thing.  Ugh...anyway...

It's Friday again!  Time for another Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge!  This week we are sponsored by Pink Cat Studio - 5 digi stamps are up for grabs with this challenge! Your challenge this week is to make something from me to you: Make a gift card holder and leave us a link for your chance to win. You can create your own design or use a favorite template or tutorial.  We also have the amazingly talented Lori joining us as a Guest on the DT for today.  Please stop by her blog and say hello!

I knew I'd seen a cute gift card holder that I really wanted to make for this challenge...after searching SplitCoastStampers, Paper Craft Planet and plain old Google, I couldn't find it anywhere!  That's when it dawned on me to check my bookmarks for 'Blog pages to refer to'.  I found it!  And it was on SplitCoastStampers!  It's here if you want to check it out, and it's super easy!

 I used the adorable Reindeer Ride digi stamp from Pink Cat Studio.  It's colored with Copics and distressed around the edges with Ranger Antique Linen (don't know what I did before I had that fabulous ink and sponging tool!). 
Here's the inside that holds the gift card...sorry, I only had a Mother's Day flowery one from Lowe's to show how the gift card is held inside.  lol  In my fever induced state, apparently I didn't realize that I need to put a white mat inside to write a little message to the recipient.  Oh well!  That's an easy fix!  I'm so glad I finally tried this tutorial!  Now I know how I'll be doing my brothers' Christmas cards this year.  Hope you play along with us this week!  Have  a super weekend!  :o) lyss

2 comments:

Julie E said...

Such cuteness! Sounds like you have been super busy lately :>)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This one made me smile! The image is darling and I need to remember this design for gift cards!