Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Gardening Boy ~

Hello, hello! Hope you all are doing fantastic on this hump day! I realized today that I've only been posting on my little old blog about every Friday.  I have posts up on the iCopic Lover blog every Friday too, but I'll start posting them here. 
This is a sweet new Stampavie image, Finn Whistling While He Works. The artist is Sarah Kay, and she draws such darling children! These are very detailed images, so you have to use a light hand when coloring with your beloved Copics. The end result is so worth it though!

 He is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on a rustic cream cardstock. This neutral cardstock takes a little bit of practice because it bleeds more than papers designed for Copic coloring. Make sure when you are starting out with your Copics or coloring on a different medium to test out on some scrap...you might just ruin your whole project if you don't! Don't ask me how I know! lol

I tried a different technique for the ground cover and just dotted the greens around - YG61, YG63 & YG67. I wasn't impressed with how harsh it looked at first, so I ran the 0 Colorless Blender over it a bit and then added some more dabs of color here and there. I think this technique still needs a bit of work before I'll be totally happy with it, but hey, we're all learning here! :o)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll try to not be such a stranger around here!  ;o) lyss

Copics {B91, B95, B97, B99, C1, C3, C5, C7, E000, E00, E11, E31, E33, E37, E71, E74, R20, V95, V99, Y15, Y21, Y26, Y28, YG61, YG63, YG67}

3 comments:

Danni said...

Adorable card!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love how you did the ground cover--I have such a hard time with that. The rustic cardstock is perfect for this image and it all goes together nicely. Beautiful work!

BethieJ said...

FABULOUS Alyssa! Just FABULOUS!! Sarah Kays images are DARLING! I love this one you used!!!