Thursday, April 7, 2011

Larkspurs embossed ~

Hi all!  I got some crafty time today and needed to create a birthday card for my fabulous sister-in-law.  I chose to play along with the current Make It Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink, heat embossing. 
I love to heat emboss my sentiments.  I don't think that Memento Tuxedo Black is bold enough for my taste, so I almost always emboss my sentiments using Versafine Onyx Black and Filigree detail clear embossing powder.  Gives your cards a really polished look!  Also, I love coloring on Rustic Cream cardstock but find that my Copics tend to bleed a bit more than when I color on the Stamper's Select white, so I embossed the larkspur image the same way.
I chose a super simple layout and super simple coloring - I don't think I've ever colored an image with just 4 Copics!!  I'm not sure if the embossing helped with the markers bleeding or not because I didn't shade the image too much.  I'll have to give it another shot with an image that has more room for shading.  The embossing did help me stay within the thin lines of the flower stems though!  Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you all are having a great week!  :o) lyss
CHALLENGES ~
Craft Your Days Away: Spots & Stripes - the tin types image is spots and stripes! bonus!
Paper Sundaes #63: Spring Blossoms - ? Are Larkspurs spring blossoms?  I don't know, but I'll give it a shot anyhow!
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes - gotta love that!
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PTI Background Basics: Tin Types, Communique Curves Sentiments & YOF: Larkspurs 
INK: VersaMark; Versafine Onyx Black
PAPER: PTI Rustic Cream; SU Almost Artichoke & Mellow Moss
OTHER: Copics {G82, G85, V20 & V25}; Filigree clear embossing powder; PTI Rustic cream twine & Plum Pudding vintage button; SU Olive organdy ribbon

6 comments:

lam said...

A very beautiful and elegant card

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It's so pretty and classy! I like the boldness of embossed sentiments I'm just too lazy to do it.

Angie said...

Wonderful card love the image and the colours, thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

jackiescrafts said...

A lovely elegant card
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

alicaz said...

Very classy and elegant!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Hugs
Alica ;)

Chris said...

only 4 today? what's wrong with you? are you hung over? lol

gorgeous card!! of course....cuz you ROCK!

send my baja yet? i'll even buy you some too for your time and trouble. i highly recommend the cheese enchiladas.