Friday, April 22, 2011

CSAYL: Warm & Fuzzy ~

Hi friends! It's Friday morning and I am late again...after spending the evening making my card for iCopic today, I went home to find that I had a sick little monkey on my hands. Poor little guy has been running to the bathroom non-stop and wanting to hold mommy's hand in between. He's finally resting, so I thought I'd pop in here and share this little ditty! Thanks for waiting so patiently! ;o)

The challenge for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long this week is sponsored by none other than the fantabulous Perfect Presentation!  You must bop on over to the challenge blog because Anna Banana has provided participants with not one but two free PDF templates to play with!  What a sweetie!

Also, a random winner will be able to choose a template from the Perfect Presentation store.  Oh, you want to know the challenge?  Ok...it's to use felt on your project.  Easy enough! 

I chose to use the SVG file Spring Basket - such a fun one because you can use a handle or not and it comes with a picket fence border as well!  Another thing I adore about the Perfect Presentation templates is that if you purchase the template in either SVG or GSD, you also get the PDF version.  I knew I wanted to attempt to make my template out of felt entirely, so off I went to Hobby Lobby for some cheap felt.  I was so excited to find some paper board type felt!  Sweet!!  I printed the PDF version on regular typing paper and used some removable adhesive to attach it to the felt board.  Super easy to cut out, score and assemble.  I used some fabric glue instead of Scor-Tape. 

Isn't it so cute and warm and fuzzy!?!  The top left corners on both sides are adorned with some hand cut holly leaves and red buttons tied with cherry Baker's twine.  So great for setting out some holiday candy, nuts or potpourri or giving a little gift of cookies to your neighbors, friends and family!  You could easily attach a little handle with some cute brads or stitch it up if you aren't allergic to needles and thread like me!  lol 

I hope you play along with us this week!  Don't forget to stop by all the other fabulous ladies blogs on the DT - there are some amazing creations this week!  Thanks for stopping by :o) lyss

7 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Felt?! This is freaking genius! Wow!

Kerri said...

What a great idea, Alyssa! I love the felt! You totally crack me up. You did not have to go back and comment on all of my projects LOL! That must have taken you forever!!! Thanks, girlie:)

Julie E said...

Oh gees, how are we gonna top that??? You rock :>)

MacKenzie said...

Making the entire box out of felt was genius! I like the way you think :-)
Great job this week. Hope your little monkey feels better soon.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love your felt box Alyssa!! So creative!! I just love how you did not use the handle and your addition of the holly. What a perfect Christmas treat.
Hope your little one feels better soon. Happy Easter!
hugs,
Chris

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Awesome box! Love that you made it all from felt! Hope your little monkey is feeling better!

Hugs, Becky

Kerry Steger said...

Very clever Alyssa!! I love the warm and cozy look to this felt creation!!