Thursday, April 7, 2011

CSAYL: Cut It Out ~

Happy Friday friends!  It's time for another Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge.  This week we are challenging you to *Cut it Out*, in other words, use the paper piecing technique. 
I chose to use this darling little image from Motivet called Santa in the Chimney.  One reason I love rubber or acrylic stamps over digi stamps is that it is so much easier to paper piece them!  I know you can print your digi on typing paper, tape your patterned paper down over where the image printed and reprint to paper piece a digi, but I'm just too lazy for that!  LOL  Hey, at least I'm honest!  ;o)   
Most of you that come to my blog know that I have a little boy, so whenever I have a boy image, I must color him up like my little man.  I used a mulitliner to turn the little bear he's dragging behind him into a Pooh bear like the one Zane has.  So fun to personalize things this way!  His jammies are paper pieced with paper from the Wassail pack, as well as the stockings that are hung by the chimney with care!  The tops of the stockings are fluffed up with some Liquid Applique.  The tops of Santa's boots also have some Liquid Applique and glitter because Santa is magical!  ;o) 
I hope you play along with us this week!  Our fearless leader, MacKenzie, will be choosing someone from the participants to be a guest designer in May!  Fun!!  Thanks for stopping by!  :o) lyss

CHALLENGES ~
Craft Your Days Away - Spots & Stripes  spots and stripes on the pattern papers
i{heart}2stamp: April SFYTT
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Motivet Santa in Chimney
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Antique Linen
PAPER: PTI Rustic Cream & SS White; Basic Grey Wassail
OTHER: Copics {C3, C5, C7E000, E00, E08, E11, E18, E19, E25, E27, E29, E31, E33, E41, R20, Y21, Y26, Y28, Y35, Y38, YG95, YG97, YR30, YR65, W3, W5, W7, 110 Spcl Blck}; multiliner; Doodlebug glitter; Liquid Applique; Sakura black glaze pen 

5 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This card looks so different than the camera phone pic you sent! LOL The green buttons were the perfect choice!

Amy Sheffer said...

Awwww, this is really sweet! Love the paper piecing! Great job with the April SFYTT, too!

MacKenzie said...

Such a sweet card this week Alyssa. This image is perfect for paper piecing. You rock girlfriend!

Chris said...

if i had to use 28 markers on each xmas card i did, NO ONE would get one, okay one person would get one and the other ones would get boxed ones from walmart, like the ones my inlaws send from COLORADO.

send my baja yet?

don't get me wrong, i think your card is super cute, but i think you are sexually frustrated. that's all...lol

Lesley said...

Great card, love the image. Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx