Friday, March 25, 2011

Sweet Blush Dahlia ~

 Hey all!  Just bopping in quickly with a little card I made for the PTI March Blog Hop: Embroidery Floss & the Make It Monday challenge #7: Coloring on non-neutral cardstock.







I saw a card that another lovely crafter made with the Delightful Dahlia stamp set and just had to CASE her technique. 
ETA: I found the card!  It was done by one of the fabby JUGS girls that I had an honor to work with for the month of March.  Here is Andrea's card that inspired my little quicky.
I clear embossed the large dahlia on Sweet Blush and shaded with R20 and R22...it was a bit too stark, so I ran the 0 Colorless Blender over the whole thing to soften the lines.  The leaves are done on Spring Moss with YG91 and YG93.  I'm not in love with the leaves, but they'll do in a pinch!  The embroidery floss is nothing new.  I just wrapped a couple different color pinks around the card base a few times and tied them in a sweet bow.  Easy, pretty and perfect for mailing!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!  :o) lyss

28 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

The kraft card stock really makes this flower pop!

Laura Isham said...

Your flower is so beautiful! I love the contrast of it and the kraft background.

Cristina said...

Very pretty card!

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!

Monica K. said...

So pretty! I like the flower on the kraft!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love the color accents you made, as well as the glitter accents, so pretty!

Kelly in Canada said...

i think your colouring looks really pretty and the pink and green against kraft looks great.

Mary Duffek said...

Simply gorgeous coloring! Oh my word...that is absolutely fabulous!

Dana said...

Just beautiful!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

This is beautiful and love your coloring of the dahlia!

Jen Carter said...

This is very pretty!

I'm Renee said...

Very pretty.
Love the colors!

Dani said...

So Lovely!!

Cathy Weber said...

Such great shading on this card. I love this stamp set and the colors you chose for it are just perfect.

beckynoelle said...

very pretty! your dahlia is just beautiful!

Kay said...

I love the clear embossing on the dahlias, and the shading is beautiful!

Kelly S. said...

Lovely coloring and shading on that flower! The floss tied around is just the perfect little addition!

Peggysuez said...

What lovely coloring! This is such a pretty card!

Stamper for fun said...

Beautiful coloring. Very lovely card.

Terri said...

Nice job on the flower. Great way to incorporate the floss too.

alison said...

The flower is beautiful! You really did a great a good job!
dining room table

Julie E said...

Gorgeous flower! Your coloring is amazing as always ;>)

Joy said...

So soft and pretty, love this card and love that you were able to use it for the blog hop aswell as the Make it Monday...stunning! Hugs!

Jen said...

So soft and utterly stunner! I really love your coloring treatment. It is so very effective. Gorgeous!

Babies- Beth said...

Wholly Toledo, that flower is stunning! In my dreams can I color like this!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

That flower is super cool! Gorgeous!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very, very pretty. Beautiful coloring on your flower.

nancy jane said...

The dahlia is stunning. You've brought out its loveliness by placing it upon kraft c/s.