Friday, March 18, 2011

Just Us Girls #76 ~

 Hey ladies!  It's time for the color challenge with Just Us Girls and it's a beauty!  Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, So Saffron & Pink Pirouette - pure gorgeousness!!  This week the girls are sponsored by the fabulous Paper Makeup Stamps. 







Due to this fabulous color combo, I chose to use Francesca the Cat...so saucy, naughty and fun! She's colored in with Copics and cut out with Spellbinder's classic long nesties.  While little Francesca was still in the die, I used a multiliner to trace a border leaving just a bit to add some dots, mimicking the lines of the precious kitty.  I dislike the way the matting is longer than it is wide, so I always cut the base off and round the corners lightly with a file.   
 A close up of the bow using Stampin' Up's So Saffron grosgrain (thanks Anna Banana!), a PTI Sweet Blush button and some pink embroidery floss.  I love to do bows this way because they actually turn out right, lol!

I couldn't sleep last night...so I made this card after I decided to just give up and roll out of bed around 4am.  Something is missing and I just can't put my finger on it...

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you play along with this soft and supple color challenge!  :o)  lyss

7 comments:

Andrea M said...

What a fabulous use of the challenge colors Alyssa!!! Love your coloring of the sweet kitty! She's so classy! Great job!

Julie E said...

Definitely sassy! Very cute :>) As for missing something, it is super cute...maybe a sentiment strip top right? Regardless it looks good to me ;>)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so cute! I could have used that kitty's drink last night. I can't see a thing wrong with it. It's fabulous, dahling!

Dana Gustafson said...

So cute Alyssa! I love how you made miss kitty pop with your coloring and your perfect bow! THanks for another delightful design for Just Us Girls!

ablogcalledwanda.com said...

OMG Love this Alyssa! Also, really loved your projects with the Washi tape! Have a wonderful day!

Joan B said...

wow, you really can color beautifully. gorgeous colors! I have no idea if anything is missing...

Kerri said...

Gorgeous coloring! I love the frame you drew around the image too. Looks fabulous to me:)