Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom ~

Hey ladies!  Here's a card I made for my mother's birthday!  I was lucky enough to win this gorgeous stamp set, Butterflies & Blossoms, from one of the Flourishes' DT blogs, Leslie Miller.  It's been on my wishlist for a while, so I was ecstatic to see my name in flashing lights lol 

Mom and I were discussing my card style the other day and I was complaining about how sometimes I think my cards are too plain, but I have such a hard time picking out papers and making everything go together just so.  She said she liked the simpler stuff better...sure made making her card easier! lol  I used a Sketch Girl sketch, number 14, flipped it and changed some things around, but it was the inspiration for the layout!  ha ha  ;o)

I wish I'd taken a little different picture to show you the butterfly.  I colored the one on the image as well as another, cut it out and glued the body part down to the image.  The wings are then folded up to give dimension and a little interest to the card. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you're having a great week! :o) lyss

Challenges: 
Claudia & Company #78: Choose 3 of the colors  I used Lavender, Pale Green & Yellow 

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Flourishes Butterflies & Blossoms; PTI Background Basics: Tin Types; Verve Circular Sayings
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Versafine Onyx Black; VersaMark
PAPER: PTI Plum Pudding & SS White; SU Pale Plum
OTHER: Copics {B34, E15, E18, E19, E37, E49, V93, V95, V99, W3, Y11, Y13, Y15, YG61, YG63, YG67}; Spellbinders classic circle dies; white embroidery floss; PTI Plum vintage button; Filigree clear embossing powder; Pebbles pearlescent chalks; Tombow Mono Multi glue; dimensionals

7 comments:

Julie E said...

This looks so realistic - both the butterfly and the flowers. Those flowers are almost popping off the card. Gorgeous and so pretty with the purple!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh, gosh, this is beautiful! Fabulous layout too. I bet your Mom loves this card!

Taylor U. said...

Lovely - the purples are so nice! Thanks for playing along with us over at Claudia and Company!

Taylor U. said...

Lovely - the purples are so nice! Thanks for playing along with us over at Claudia and Company!

Joy said...

love the soft purples! thanks for playing with Claudia and Company! Joy DT

Chris said...

very pretty and springy!

Jodi said...

This is so pretty! I love how you wrapped the floss around the card and added the button. Thanks for joining us at Claudia & Co.