Friday, March 18, 2011

CSAYL: Vellum Snowdrifts ~

Hi all!  It's time for another challenge from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long (CSAYL).  This week our challenge is, "I can see right through that!"  In other words, you must use vellum on your project.  The sponsor this week is the adorable In Style Stamps.  A random player will win 4 digis of their choice!

The DT was generously given a digi to work with for the challenge.  I chose this darling Christmas Tree and then remembered the challenge was to use vellum.  Ugh...how do I always do this to myself??  I decided my tree would be an outdoor tree...who says the little forest animals don't celebrate??  lol 
I'll save you all the mental anguish and give you a tip.  If you decide to make a frame peaking into the inside of your card, cut the largest/outer most piece first and work your way in.  I figured that out later! lol  The outer most frame is up on dimensionals with one *snow* drift followed by a second printing of the presents under the tree and another *snow* drift.  Here's a little close up of the coloring and dimension. 

If I were to make this card again, I would die cut the inside picture with the largest oval and emboss the outer most matting of the card.  Oh well...I'll give it to my grammy or someone who'll probably just toss it anyway.  LOL  Thanks for stopping by, friends!
Oh, and don't forget to bop here for your chance at an Emerald Faerie digi of your choice!  Also, I want to invite you to play along with the current iCopic Color Challenge here.  The prize to a random participant is their choice of 5 rolls of Washi Tape!  Have a super weekend!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: In Style Stamps Christmas Tree
INK: HP printer ink
PAPER: PTI SS White, Vellum & Pinefeather
OTHER: Copics {BG99, C1, C3, C7, E25, E29, E41, E43, E44, G24, G28, R81, R83, R85, R89, Y21, Y28}; Copic Atyou Gold Spica pen; dimensionals; Spellbinders classic petite oval dies

9 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so clever! I love the snowdrifts and the way the gifts are arranged. Simple yet brilliant!

Kerry Steger said...

Alyssa,
I love what you have done with the vellum - that is awesome!! Such great dimension and your colouring is fantastic!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

OMG Alyssa! This is GORGEOUS! LOVE all the dimension on this! Totally beautiful!!

MacKenzie said...

Genius use of vellum on this card - looks fabby!

Patty Chalas said...

Alyssa your card is very cute... i love the composition you made.

nice job!

Kerri said...

I absolutely LOVE THIS!!!! So very clever, Alyssa!

Chris said...

very pretty, love the vellum!!

Julie E said...

What a great way to pull in the vellum! LOL - so sad to think that someone would just toss this!!!

Vanessa said...

This is so clever!!! Seems like your 'mental anguish' really pays off!!! :D Thanks for sharing such creativity with us!! You are one talented lady!!