Friday, March 25, 2011

CSAYL: Make It Yours ~

Hey all!  It's Friday again, which means it's time for another Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge!  This week we are sponsored by the oh.so.fabulous Perfect Presentation -Your source for printable {and cut-able} templates for a perfect presentation every time!  Our challenge is to create your own background paper with stamps.  A random winner will be able to choose their own template from the Perfect Presentation store!

I'm lucky enough to be part of the fantastic design team for this company, but, even if I weren't, I would love it all the same.  The designs are easy to use, fresh and light on the wallet!  Gotta love that!  :o)
I chose to use Able Gable - one of my all time favorites because of it's size.  This template comes with an optional mini-cupcake insert which would be perfect for sending out some pumpkin mini muffins for the holidays...yum!
I began by cutting my decorative mats (also included) out.  I lined the large rectangles and top wonky rectangle pieces (technical term) out on my mat and stamped them together with VersaMark and an image from Distressed Stripes.  They were then embossed with Zing Red Glitter embossing powder - let me tell you, I thought I had a lot of glitter around after my fairy cards the other day...I was wrong!  This stuff got everywhere!  I even found it on my face while sitting in front of the mirror at the salon yesterday!  lol  After heat embossing the stripes, I laid out the pieces again and stamped the peppermint candy image from Background Basics: Christmas in pure poppy ink. 

Funny thing is, this whole design came about by accident.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do in my head for a whole week...stamp candies in black, color in image with Copics, color over with VersaMark marker and clear emboss.  Whoops!  Guess I'd better learn my stamp images better or plan something out with the correct image in my little brain   LOL  I'm happy with the outcome though...very festive! 

Anyhoo, the box was a bit plain so I added a label from Label Frames 2 - I merely increased the mat size in SCAL by 1/4 inch.  It needed some color, so I added a holly image from Verve's Holly Jolly and colored it with Copics.  The berries are colored in {flat} and covered with Stickles - I find I don't get quite the color depth I want if I don't add color behind the Stickles.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you are inspired to play along with CSAYL this week!!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PTI Background Basics: Christmas, Distressed Stripes & Signature Christmas; Verve Holly Jolly
INK: VersaMark; PTI Pure Poppy; Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: PTI Pure Poppy & SS White
OTHER: Perfect Presentation Able Gable & Label Frames 2 svg templates; Copics {G24, G28, BG99 & R27}; Zing Red glitter embossing powder; dimensionals; Scor Tape; Xmas Red Stickles; PTI white satin ribbon; silver jingle bells; embroidery floss

5 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This looks great! I didn't even recognize the label frame! LOL

MacKenzie said...

Love it, love it, love it! Not too busy or cluttered - perfect!

Julie E said...

Simple, yet striking! Wonderful PP!

Kerry Steger said...

Alyssa, your gable box is awesome! I love your colour scheme and your design is so classy!

Lisa Kind said...

Looks like we had similar ideas with the peppermint candies! This is so pretty! Love the distressed stripes! Funny story about the glitter!