Thursday, March 10, 2011

CSAYL: The Little Brown Dress ~

Happy Friday Friends!  I'm happy to be back with my second Xmas card of 2011...in March no less...for Christmas Stampin All Year Long!  What about you?  Did you play along with us last week and get that jump start on your Christmas cards??  I hope so, or I'll be wagging my finger at you come the beginning of December saying I told you so!!  lol

Our challenge this week is sponsored by Deedee's Digis.  Deedee is graciously offering a $10 credit to her online store for one randomly picked winner! 


Our challenge this week is to use this photo as inspiration - a darling little brown dress.  Apparently when doing challenges such as this, I take things quite literally and don't think outside the box too much.  lol 

I found some old Basic Grey Blush paper that reminded me of the dress pattern and used the soft pink, bold scarlet and deep chocolate colors to point me in the direciton of my card.  I also went searching for a sketch and found Jen's March Sketch for You to Try

This sweet little bear hiding under the tree is from the Beary Merry Christmas set.  He's colored with Copics with some fun little embellishments.  I added a big, fat pearl to the center of the present's bow, some Lemon Yellow Liquid Pearls to the star atop the Christmas tree and some Glossy Accents to the decorations on the tree for some fun dimension and shine.  Here's a close up
I hope you take a crack at this fun challenge...a true challenge to turn this sweet little dress into a Christmas card!  Have a great weekend!!  Thanks so much for bopping by!  :o) lyss
COPICS USED:

6 comments:

*CAFE said...

Darling image! Love the way your color combo works with the image and sketch! Great job!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Fantastic! I think you captured the essence of the inspiration photo perfectly. I wish I had that dress for Natalie, she would look perfect in it.

Julie E said...

Such sweetness! Wonderful PP and overall such a warm soft feeling from your card, just like the inspiration.

Jodi said...

Such a cute and sweet image!! Love Your pretty coloring and layout!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Patty Chalas said...

what a cute card! Like your coloring very much.
Blessings,
Patty

Rachel Wohrlin said...

Adorable card! I love that paper.