Friday, April 1, 2011

CSAYL: Inside Out

Hi everyone!  It's late here and I need to shut my eyes as I've been battling some nasty bug the past few days.  I'll be by early in the morning with a little more vim and vigor to post my card for the new challenge at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.  Thanks for understanding!!  :o) lyss

Good morning!  Thanks for indulging my sleepy-headed-ness!  I'm back with my Christmas Stampin' All Year Long post.  This week we are sponsored by the fabulous Pink Cat Studios
One lucky participant will win 5 digi stamps of their choice!  PCS has some adorable stamps, bop over here to check them out!  Our challenge this week is to keep it moving - decorate the inside of your card as well!  This is one of those steps that we sometimes forget but really makes a huge difference.

 I chose to use this sweet little stamp called Billy Rides a Train.  I'm sure any mother of a toddler boy knows how much boys love their trains!  This stamp is so great because the flag that Billy is holding comes blank, but you are able to download a few freebie sentiments to fit into the flag!   
Billy is colored in with Copics to match the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding paper that I chose.  I kept the layout super simple because I'm challenged that way...lol!  ;o)  I added a couple of extra embellishments of snowflakes cut from the Spellbinders Create a Flake 1 dies and a few buttons tied with PTI rustic cream twine. 
I used the Merry Christmas sentiment printed out separately.  It's lightly shaded with C1 and softened with the colorless blender.  I then cut it out, rimmed the edges with a black Copic, glued the base closest to the stick and popped the outer edge up on a dimensional.  You can kind of see it in the pic.
I needed a cute sentiment for the inside, so I found a font that seemed the most similar to the flag's sentiment and printed one out on my computer. 
 "Choo! Choo!  That's train talk for Merry Christmas!"
I know, I know, kind of cheesy.  Lol  But fun all the same!  The train punch is from Martha Stewart that I found on clearance for like $3 - gotta love that!  The green paper it's punched from is actually the back side of the striped pattern paper.
That's it for today!  I hope you all play along with Christmas Stampin' All Year Long this week!  Be sure to bop over to the challenge blog to see all the other fabulous creations the rest of the design team made!  Have a great day!  :o) lyss

Copics {B91, B95, B97, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, E000, E00, E11, E29, E31 E33, E37, E55, E57, E59, R20, R39, R59, R89, Y15, Y21, Y26, YG93, YG95, YG97, 110 Spcl Blk, 0 Colorless Blender}

9 comments:

Kerri said...

This is so cute, Alyssa! I love their images. Your coloring looks awesome and I love the train border on the inside. What a great deal! I hope you're doing well.

Julie E said...

So cute - what a fun image! What a deal on the punch too!

MacKenzie said...

I adore the colors you worked with this week - fantastic card.
Hope you get a little R & R this weekend.
Hugs

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Alyssa, this is so cute! I love the colors! Hope you feel better soon!
:)Becky

terri said...

Just leaving you some love. Because I do. Love you. (Insert smiley face and heart here.)

Chris said...

wow, this is fabulous!! super cool xmas card for sure!!

Niki Estes said...

Alyssa, this is so cute!!

Terri said...

Very cute. Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa Kind said...

This is so adorable, Alyssa! I love it! And the sentiment inside is too cute! What a steal on that punch, too!