Friday, March 4, 2011

CSAYL: Bring on the Bling! ~

Hey all!  I'm excited to show you our first challenge for the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog...well, the first for the current design team!  lol   The fabulous thing about this challenge blog is that you have the opportunity to play along with some fun challenges, get a head start on all those cards you have on *that* list to specially make and have a chance at some great sponsored prizes as well!  This first week's challenge is to Bring on the Bling!!  Make it rhinestones, glitter, pearls or whatever sparkly thing that makes your heart go pitter-pat!
   Our sponsor this week is the fabulously adorable Pink Cat Studios.  A randomly selected winner will be able to choose 5 digi stamps!!  To find out all of the details of the challenge, please visit the CSAYL blog
   So onto my creation...I decided to use the adorable Betty & Snowman decorate the Tree image.  So cute and fun!  I love decorating the tree...it's the best part of the holidays for me!  Well, except for the kiddo's elation at what they're opening   LOL 
I added a bunch of bling to this adorable image and pulled my colors from the Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly paper.  All of the ornaments are covered with a double layer of Stickles (except for the yellow one).  I really wanted the dimension and the sparkle!  The yellow ornament is topped with Tombow Mono Multi glue and sprinkled with Doodlebug glitter.  The Snowman needed a little bling, so I added some Kaisercraft black rhinestones to his coal buttons.  The ground is covered with a layer of white Doodlebug glitter followed by some Polar White Flowersoft - sorry the camera didn't capture the sparkle of the snow  :o{
   The adorable little snowflake embellishments are a perfect match to the paper!  I got them at Hobby Lobby last Xmas - some are flat backed and some have a little loop on the back.  I used the flat backs for the four corners and a loop backed one for a bow tie.  Too fun!
Hope you enjoyed my first simple Xmas card of the year!  Please join me in getting your Xmas cards done early for 2011!!   

You can find the links to the amazing CSAYL design team on the right hand side of my screen.  Hope you're all having a super fantastic day!  :o) lyss

COPICS {BG10, BG15, BG23, BG49, C1, C3, E000, E00, E27, E29, E37, G21, G24, G28, G29, R20, R22, R27, W5, W7, Y11, Y13, YR15, YR18, 110 Spcl Blk, 0 Colorless Blender}









9 comments:

Patty Chalas said...

Great Job Alyssa!!! Love your coloring and bow...
Blessings,
Patty

Leigh Ann Baird said...

So glad I saw this post because it reminded me of an e-mail I forgot to reply to...

I love the little details you always add to your projects. The snowflake on the bow and the snow are perfect touches! This is awesome!

Oh and I mailed your pkg yesterday.

MacKenzie said...

Great card girlfriend! I adore the non-traditional color combo!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh so cute! I love your coloring...so fabulous! And that paper is so pretty! I've always wanted it, but never got it! I have to get it now! Great bling, too!

Julie E said...

So sweet! Just love the glitz and snow. I am not ready to think about Christmas yet. Maybe when there is no snow on the ground outside I will be able to appreciate winter themed stamps ;>) I hope to get my cards and gifts done earlier this year (fingers crossed).

Elise said...

THIS is sooooooooo stinkin' ca-ute! I have to think that THAT collection will ALWAYS be one of my very favorite when it comes to Christmas CRAFTING! Your color work and embellishment choices have me SWOONING! Hark - I think I hear CHRISTMAS music! Yipeeee!

Chris said...

this is so very cute!!

Pam S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
llq said...

pretty good post. I lawful stumbled upon your blog and wanted to command that I get really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any condition I’ ll be subscribing to your maintain and I hope you despatch again soon Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses.