Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some Exciting News & Love You Ebony ~

Hi all!  I'm super excited today to tell you that I've made two new design teams!  First off, I made the Christmas Stampin All Year Long challenge blog team {CSAYL}.  Our challenges will begin on Friday, March 4th.  I'm stoked to get to work with this amazing team and to get a jump on my Xmas cards.  I invite you to play along with us, not only for tons of fun, but to get a start on your cards too!

Secondly, I applied for the Deb's Creations design team back in either November or December...I didn't even remember that I had {I found out some unsettling news in the beginning of Dec, so it's been a blur since}.  Deb was out of internet due to the flooding in Australia, so she was unable to communicate with people, view applications, etc.  Well, long story short, she asked if I was still interested.  YES!!!  Have you seen the Emerald Faerie collection??  OMG...so stinkin' cute!  So I decided to play with one of my new stamps, Ebony.  She is darling hugging tight to this mushroom.
After coloring her in with Copics, I prepared a little scene for her on the Perfect Presentation Tall Gable box.  It all began with this pack of textured paper I bought at a craft fair this past summer.  It's embossed with the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder and then sanded with a nail file {I don't have a nifty sanding block, I just use the cheapy nail files you can get at the dollar store}.  I think it kind of looks like it's a blustery day and she's holding tight to not get blown away!  lol  The grass is made with a grass border punch and then sponged with Spring Moss and Memento Pear Tart inks. 

Now, I'm going to point you over to the Deb's Creations forum.  I think you have to register as a member, but it's free and very similar to the Paper Craft Planet site, so it's easy to navigate.  Deb has created a challenge for February and March and gives you Ebony to try for free!  The prize is some awesome Copics too!  Here's the link to the challenge.  I hope you'll play along!  Hope you're all having a great week!  :o) lyss

CHALLENGES:
Copic Oz: Love
Crazy 4 Challenges #73: Valentine's (love)
The Pink Elephant #93: Valentine's (love)

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Emerald Faeries Ebony; SU retired hearts set ??? name
INK: HP printer ink; Versafine Onyx Black; Memento Pear Tart; PTI Spring Moss
PAPER: PTI Rustic Cream, Spring Moss & SS White; teal textured white core ???; SU Almost Amethyst
OTHER: Copics {BG10, BG15, BG23, BG49, BV02, BV13, BV17, C5, C7, C9, E000, E00, E11, E41, E43, E44, R02, R05, R14, R17, R20, R24, R27}; Copic Spica Lavendar, Silver & Turquoise; Sakura white gel pen; Perfect Presentation Tall Gable svg; PTI Rustic Cream twine; Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder; nail file; Prima flower; Spellbinders tag die; MS grass & triple butterfly punches; Stardust Stickles; dimensionals; TomBow adhesive

12 comments:

Alison said...

Go Lyss!!! I am so excited for you! I look forward to seeing all of your new creations. That little fairy is adorable! What a sweetie! Great project, too.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You are on a roll with the DT's! I love this project! Natalie looked at it with me this morning and said, "You've got to get a fairy stamp." So your project is Natalie approved as well.

Kerri said...

Congratulations, girl!!! I will definitely try to play along with the Christmas challenges, and your Deb's Creations box is ADORABLE! Love it!!!

Julie E said...

So STINKIN' CUTE!!! Leigh Ann didn't write it so I get to :>) Congrats!

Maria Gurnsey said...

CONGRATS!!!! They are lucky to have you :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! What a sweet fairy and a beautiful design!! Congrats on the dt's!! You deserve it girl!!
hugs,
Chris

BethieJ said...

CONGRATS on the DT Alyssa your work is FABULOUS! and this CUTIE is well CUTE! LOL! I LOVE her.. I need to check out all the links you shared!! Will try to play along on the challenge!!
CONGRATS again! Have a GREAT day!

wandaguess said...

Congrats on your design teams! You are going to be super busy! MacKenzie actually lives near me and we're stampin' buds...small world. You will love working with her - she is so organized and fun.

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! :)

Cheryl Valadez said...

Congratz to you!!! You will be one busy lady, but they are soooo lucky to have you on their teams. This project is so dang cute, it's almost criminal!!! I'm not usually big on fairy images, but I'll be darned, you've made me reconsider...lol!

Kim said...

This project is adorable. I just love it. Beautiful bright colours and the most adorable image. So sweet.

Angela said...

Congratulations on your DT!!! and no wonder! your card is divine! thank you for sharing at the Pink Elephantthis week! xxx