Friday, February 18, 2011

Carmen ~

Hi all!  I'm bopping in today with the card I made for my husband for Valentine's Day...actually for Lover's Day.  Hubby doesn't like traditional holidays, so we always celebrate the day before and call it Lover's Day.  I chose this sexy image from Kenny K called Carmen Electrafying because hubby has a pic of me kind of like it. 
She's printed on PTI white - this is all I use for coloring with Copics.  I really want to try the Copic X press It paper and see if I like it but I'm too cheap to buy it right now.  Has anyone tried the two?  Which do you like better?  Anyway, hubby is kind of a no frills type of guy so I made her the focus of the card.  The upper left corner was a bit bare, so I added a fun die cut from Cuttlebug.  Since it's so hard to glue down, I ran the paper through the Xyron sticker machine before die cutting the embellishment.  I have to remember to do this!  So much easier!!!  Her shades have some clear glaze pen for a little extra shine and dimension.  All the *metal* parts of her outfit (as skimpy as it is!) have silver Spica pen added and are super shimmery.  The dots on her bandana have black Spica.  
The inside is stamped with a Happy V Day sentiment that I then modified with a Copic...it turned out a bit messier than I like, but that's how these things go!  It was so very plain, I had to add a row of red hearts and some more of the corner embellishments.  I'll list challenges and supplies.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  ~ lyss
CHALLENGES ~
Copic Creations #44: Warm colors  (the red is hot, hot, hot!) 
Copic Oz: Love
Craft Your Days Away #13: Inspiration photo (red & white)
Cute Card Thursday #152: Shiny Happy (something shiny - her shades and *metal* pieces)

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Kenny K Carmen Electrafying digi stamp; SU All Year Cheer III & hearts wheel
INK: HP printer ink; Versafine Onyx Black
PAPER: PTI Pure Poppy, SS White & True Black
OTHER: Copics {0 Blender, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, E000, EOO, E11, E13, E33, E43, E44, R20, R27, R29, R39, R59, YG63, YG67, Y11, Y21, Y26}; Copic Atyou Spica pens black & silver; Sakura clear glaze pen; Cuttlebug corner die; dimensionals  



13 comments:

ALessner said...

This card is so cool. I just love the digi. I am so sorry to hear about you and your husband. I hope everything goes smoothly and works out for you.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is one of your best! It's absolutely perfect!

I bet when she stands up she's got major thunder thighs. Hey, I can hope...

I'm here for you and just a text or phone call away.

MacKenzie said...

I'm proud of you. You should be with a man who makes you feel like the only woman in his world. Hang in there - the best is yet to be.

Stampin' Pam said...

Oh Alyssa - I read the first part of your post about the card and thought WOW - what a fun and sexy card for your man - then I read the end of your post - I'm SO sorry. Email me off list if you need an ear - been there- done that.

Meanwhile I sent you an email about JUGS - if you didn't get it please email me and I'll reply to yours.
stampinpam at me dot com

GOOD LUCK - hang in there. It does get easier with time.

LindaC said...

Great card!

I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time. Keep your head up and remember it will get better!

Hugs, LindaC

Jane Wetzel said...

wowzers girl- interesting take on the HOT /WARM challenge at Copic Creations- :) Great coloring- glad u joined us and hope things work out for you....

Kerri said...

This is one seriously sexy card, and your coloring just puts it over the edge! Super HOT girlie:) I am soooo sorry about your hubby, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing. I'm so glad you have your parents to help you out and to be your support system right now. Good luck with everything! ((HUGS))

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is one sexy card!! Love your coloring!! Great layout and design!

I am so sorry to hear about you and your husband. My thoughts are with you. I hope all works out for you!
hugs,
Chris

Pam said...

That is a crazy sexy card and a roller coaster post - I can't imagine what YOU must be going through. I'm so sorry and I hope there are lots of good times ahead in the not too distant future. Hang in there and keep your eye on the horizon.

Amberbop said...

Oh Lyss, That blows! You are strong, strong, strong! I know you are too wonderful to not have amazing things on the path to different and better. You're in my thoughts. I'm sending you the best vibes, lady!

Marie Gamber said...

Whoo..... gotta love this one! great card!

Julie E said...

Such sass! This is one xxx kickin' card. Now you just need to channel that all into whatever lays ahead in your future. So sorry to hear your news. Sending you a huge cyber hug.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, this card is fab! You've made her even more sexier than she already is...lol! I cannot believe that is even possible, but you did it ;D

I hope things work out. It sounds like you are making the right decision. Sorry about catching this post so late. Hang in there, lady. Big warm hugz from New Mexico ~ Cheryl