Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Thoughtful Amber Girl ~

Hi everyone!!  I'm back today with the last post as a Torchbearer for Amber Ink  :o(  This past month has been so very much fun!  The ladies I was able to work with are all a hoot!  And absolutely, fabulously talented, as well as encouraging!  Just an all around fantastic experience - thank you so much Amber & Pam for allowing me to be part of your December 2010 team!!  
I have one last little card to share with you today using the Amber Girl from Rainy Day.  She's colored with Copics with some snazzy paper pieced boots!
I printed her on the background iPaper - Schoolgirl Plaid tiny Goldenrod.  Seriously, if I lived in the Pacific Northwest, I would have to have a fantastic collection of fun pattern rain boots...and maybe matching umbrellas!  lol  I added a few squiggles of a light blue Copic to give a little watery ground and then added a few more squiggles of Eucalyptus Stickles to give a bit more shimmer.  A girl's got to have a little bling!!  lol
Amber looks very thoughtful, so I used a new stamp that my sweet friend, Julie, sent for Christmas. {Thanks again, little lady!!}  A nice big bow and some pearls on the corners finish it off!
Here's a look back at my past month with Amber Ink
Thank you again, Pam & Amber, for all of your encouragement and fabulous comments along the way!  Don't think this will be the last of these wonderful images on my blog!  I'll be playing with these lots more :o)

So...want to know who I'm passing the torch too?  It's the amazing
I *met* Laurie through the PaperTrey Ink forum when she bought one of my stamp sets I was selling.  Turns out that her sister lives very close to me, so we *chatted* a few times over email, and I became a quick follower of her blog.  I adore, and am envious, of her CAS style and flawless design!  Make sure you stop by her blog, Soapbox Creations, and leave her some love!   
Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you all are having a marvelous week!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Amber Ink Rainy Day; Verve Circular Sayings
INK: HP printer ink; Versafine Onyx Black
PAPER: PTI Pure Poppy & SS White; Amber Ink iPaper Schoolgirl Plaid tiny Goldenrod; Georgia Pacific white
OTHER: Copics {B000, E00, E11, E31, E3, E37, R20, R24, R27, R29, W7, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y21, Y26, 110 Spcl Blk}; red double side satin (hobby lobby); KaiserCraft black pearls; Spellbinders Ovals, Circles, & Inverted Scallop Circle dies; dimensionals

14 comments:

Pam said...

Yow - is "fashion design" your next calling? That is one adorable outfit! You will always have a soft spot in my heart little lyss. I'm still in awe. Thank you so much for carrying that torch - you made us all proud!

Laurie said...

All your creations are amazing! Your coloring is WOW! Thank you so much for thinking of me and inviting me along! I have big shoes to fill!! ;)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is gorgeous! I love the yellow and red!

Jennifer Shults said...

I love this pass the torch idea! That is just too fun! I really like your card, that image is so fun and the yellow is nice and bright and sunny! Gorgeous!

Julie E said...

You carried the torch well!!! Now you get to join us in the senior housing group ;>)
So glad you like the stamps - I got your TU card - thank you!!!

*CAFE said...

She's so bright and cheery! Makes that rainy day look great! :0)
Love your work, Alyssa! It was so fun running with the torch together! I'll be back to see what you're up to! :0)

Amberbop said...

Lyss, it's been an honor and a treat. We count ourselves lucky to be part of your circle :) How smart is this card!? Woot.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the yellows and reds on this! It's a great farewell card! Welcome to the alumnae, Alyssa!

Lindsey said...

What a way to pass off the torch... this card is GORGEOUS! Great to run with you, Alyssa!

Kerri said...

You rocked these images like I knew you would:) This gal is fabulous! Love the plaid bg and the yellow/red color combo! Welcome to the Alumni group, girlie:)

LindaC said...

What a cute card! I'm not crazy about being out in the rain, but I do love cute rainboots and umbrellas! Love the bright yellow colors you used! Very cheerful! LC

BethieJ said...

Alyssa I LOVE this card.. that image is DARLING and your coloring is FABULOUS!!
Have a GREAT day!

Chris said...

this adorable!!

Colleen said...

I love your creations and the design.

Seattle home