Friday, January 28, 2011

Color Challenge Oliver ~

Hi friends!  I'm here to share a little color challenge card with you today.  The iCopic color challenge for this week is a fun one – blue, teal and moss green!  Yummy masculine colors! 
One thing that really helps me when building a card is having your color scheme in mind – whether it’s a color challenge that inspires you or some beautiful patterned paper.  I rarely pick my paper first, so what should take just a few minutes to put together ends up taking me hours!!  lol  I chose to use some Basic Grey Oliver papers with The Greeting Farm’s Oliver stamp that you can find in the iCopic store here.
 I usually like to pick out a sketch too - I am so very challenged when it comes to putting cards together!!  LOL  Seriously, sometimes I don't know why I do this craft - I get so pent up in all the little details, it's just ridiculous.  Anyway, this card is for the Club Anya blog - Mystery Monday: CASEing Claudine.
Oliver’s jeans aren’t messed up!  I added a little swipe of E33 to his knees to show that he likes to get a little dirty when he plays!  I wanted one of the dinosaurs to coordinate with the paper that was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I colored the one Oliver is holding with G82 (new in Ciao!) and G85.  Once it was colored, I dotted it with the colorless blender to give his *skin* some texture.  For the little Triceratops, I didn’t have a brick red color Copic.  I added some E18 (new in Ciao!) over the R39 to warm it up.  Here’s a close up
I hope this gives you that extra push to play along with the color challenge!  The prize this week is 4 Copic Ciao markers of your choice!!  Go to this post to find out all the details and get in on some fun.  Thanks for stopping by today! Smile lyss

Here's a list of the additional challenges I'm entering this cute guy in:
7 Kids College Fund #13: Challenge Yourself  (not only hair, black hair!!)  eek!
Copic Creations #42: Something New  (new Copics!)
Let's Ink It Up #8: Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes #53: Distressing

COPICS USED:
B91, B95, B97, BG15, BG23, BG49, C3, C5, C7, C9, E000, E00, E11, E18, E33, G82, G85, R20, R39, R59, W3, W5, W7, 0 Colorless Blender

13 comments:

Jennifer Shults said...

This is really adorable Alyssa! I love the papers and the colors! GREAT job on the CASE!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is fantastic! Perfect boy card! His hair is fabulous!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh and I love his dirty knees!

Shirl said...

Adorable guy card and the colours are just divine for him.
Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugsa Shirley x x

SuzanneK said...

FAbulous boy card, adorable image. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Chris said...

omg!! so freakin cute!! i love this paper line!

oh and i love your new profile pic!

Kerri said...

This is so adorable, Alyssa! I just love Oliver, and your coloring looks fabulous! I always have to pick my paper before I do anything else, and I always have to find a sketch too. You are not alone:)

Lauren said...

Gorgeous card! Great distressing! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren

Justine said...

Beautiful coloring and shading

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, fab colouring! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Lisa said...

This is so cute! Wonderful job on hair shading!!! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge!

Rebecca said...

Love the colors, patterns, and textures! Your hair coloring is awesome!

Shana said...

Your colouring is AMAZING! I love the colours and layout! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!