Monday, January 10, 2011

Amelia iCopic Color Challenge #12 ~

Hey all!  I'm  back today with a little challenge card for the iCopic color challenge #12.  All you have to do is color something up with Copics and make a card, altered item, really whatever you want with it and link it to the iCopic blog.  This challenge runs from Monday, January 10th, through Sunday, January 16th.
This is Amelia from the Greeting Farm's Oliver and Amelia Happy Day rubber stamp set.  She's so fun and spunky!  She is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with soft yellow and melony pink Copics.  I'm not in love with her hair, but that is a goal of mine for 2011 - don't be so scared to color hair!! lol  For a little extra fun and dimension, I added White Opal liquid pearls to her hair ties and the pearls on her necklace.
I wanted to do something fun and stamp the sentiment on the ribbon, but I ran out of room.  Instead, the sentiment is stamped up in the corner with my favorite detail ink - Versafine Onyx Black - and embossed with filigree clear embossing powder.   This sweet little sentiment is from the new SP & Company clear stamp set Rain Boots {I don't see it on the iCopic sight yet, so the link takes you directly to the set at SP & Company stamps.}
The following is a list of additional challenges she qualifies for:
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #99
Craft Your Day Away Challenge #11: Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges #69: Inspiration photo
Cute Card Thursday #146: Out with the Old (Barely Banana cardstock)
Let's Ink it Up #8: Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes #51: Circles
Tuesday Throwdown #30: Embossing (sentiment)
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  We've got another cold day here in Colorado, so I'm hoping to finish up a cute little Amber Ink card!  Have a super day!!   :o)  lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: The Greeting Farm OA Happy Day; SP & Company Rain Boots; PTI Background Basics: Tin Types & Polka Dot Basics I
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Versafine Onyx Black; PTI Fresh Snow; SU! Barely Banana
PAPER: PTI SS White; SU! Barely Banana & Regal Rose
OTHER: Copics {C1, E00, E11, E15, E29, E37, E49, R20, R30, R32, R35, Y11, Y13, Y15}; AtYou Spica Lemon pen; Liquid Pearls White Opal; PTI Hibiscus Burst grosgrain ribbon & Lemon Tart vintage button; waxed white paper floss; EK Success scallop border punch; Spellbinders classic large and small circle nestabilities; dimensionals

20 comments:

Maria Gurnsey said...

She is adorable...ROCKING coloring :)

Katina said...

Oh what a gorgeously girly and cute card! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at PTW this week. x

Fiona said...

fabulous card and great colour combo. Thanks for joinin gus at Paper Sundaes this week.

fi

Julie E said...

Can you say cute?!!! What a darling image and I like all your polka dots :>)
There is a little something for you on my blog today...

Julie E said...

Can you say cute?!!! What a darling image and I like all your polka dots :>)
There is a little something for you on my blog today...

Pam said...

YOWZA! Did they pick the right person for their team or what?

SuzanneK said...

Adorable, your colouring is devine. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

thescrapmaster said...

Absolutely beautiful, girl!! I love how you made the sentiment cover two lines like that!! Great card.

Hugs,
Samantha

Donna said...

Oh HELLO!! Lyss this is just gorgeous and your colouring is amazing!! Xx

Kerri said...

What?!?! Her hair looks amazing!!! I'm with you, hair scares the crap out of me! I just can't get comfortable with it, nor can I get it right:( I am loving this adorable card!

BethieJ said...

Alyssa is she not the CUTEST!!! (you should enter her in the Pile It On challenge too!! :) - Cute Kids...she is PERFECTLY cute!)
Now I am with ya on the hair.. I have 2 go to colors... MUST work on this!! :)
Gonna peek at the link you shared.. I need to work with my copics more.. and not just buy them! :) LOL!
Have a GREAT day!!!

Chris said...

this is adorAble!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

oh good grief, this is just perfect! I love the colors and everything else about it!

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card!!!. Hugs Michele x

Claire said...

Beautiful card! Fab colours and such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck Claire xx

Dragonlady said...

Great fun card, love the colours. Thanks for playing at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x

Marjorie said...

Such a darling card! Love the details on her bow!

Gloria Stengel said...

Super cute! Your coloring is FAB! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week!

Mel X said...

Aww, such a pretty card.

Thanks for joining us this time at Craft Your Days Away. Good luck.

Mel X

Kendra said...

The coloring on the hair is amazing! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!