Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Henry Mouse and Gift ~

Hi all!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  Mine was pretty good.  My step-daughter came over with her boyfriend (first time meeting him) and two of her good buddies and had dinner on Saturday evening.  It was fun!  Her bf was great with the Zaniac, so he gets a plus in my book!  lol
I was able to knock out another gift for a crafty friend yesterday.  I used a ton of challenges to keep that mojo moving – I’ll list them all at the end of this post.  We’ll start off with a group pic
tin tag card
I used Henry Mouse with an ornament from Whiff of Joy stamps and colored him with Copics.  He is colored in blues to follow along with a few challenges and to coordinate with the paper. Here’s a close up so you can see all his sparkly goodness
henry mouse detail  I added glitter to the snowflake on the ornament by removing the marker color with a colorless blender, coloring it with a white gel pen, coloring with a glue pen and adding some super fine and sparkly glitter.  He’s sitting on some *snow* – Polar white Flower Soft.  The mistletoe hanging from his tail has white opal liquid pearls on the berries.  Looking at this close up, I’m realizing that I forgot to add the white flock to his hat…I’ll have to go back and do that!   The sentiment is from Verve’s Holly Jolly – such a cute font, don’t you think?tin tag gift
The tin is decorated to match the card.  I recycled an old tea tin to package up some extra buttons.  Any crafty girl would love those, right?  The snowflake is cut from sparkly foam paper and topped with an Ocean Tides button and white thread that also has a sparkly ribbon strung through it.  The tag is cut from the Perfect Presentation Tag Set 1 file.  I added a strip of the dp matted on ocean tides cardstock.  The ornament is also from Holly Jolly and is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink.  The sentiment is from PTI’s Fillable Frames #9 and is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed.  A couple medium and one tiny jingle bell finish this little tag off.  Hope you enjoyed my post today!  Have a fabulous Tuesday!  I’m off to squeak in under the wire on a few of these challenges!!  ~lyss
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #9: Non-Traditional Christmas Colors
iCopic Lover Challenge #9: Inspiration photo
Papertake Weekly Challenge: No Red & Green (yeah, this might be a stretch!)
Verve stamps: Triple Play Challenge Winter 2010
Whiff of Joy Challenge #93: Christmas, no red or green

17 comments:

Julie E said...

This is sooooo cute! I love the colors, the coloring and all your little added embellies. Just so sweet, it makes me smile!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is such a "you" project (meaning... perfect coloring, lovely layers and attention to detail) and I love it!

What did you end up feeding all those teenagers? LOL

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such an adorable set! Just makes me smile.

jimlynn said...

Sensational!!! So pretty. Love that patterned paper and that little patch of "snow" he's sitting on is the perfect touch.
Thanks for playing at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

Marilyn said...

If you have to be a mouse, the Henry Mouse is the guy you want to be... I love that little mouse & you've done a super job on this card.
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
Marilyn

Kerri said...

Oh this is so CUTE!!! I love that image and yes, any crafty girl would adore those buttons!

Katina said...

Wow Alyssa! I just love these sooo much! Gorgeous image and papers on your card. Thanks for palying along at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck in all the challenges! xx

Niki Estes said...

Just adorable! Beautiful coloring!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! I just love this image and your coloring is gorgeous Alyssa!! Beautiful design with that SU paper and the snowflake with glitter. Beautiful tin too!

Thanks for the congrats on the dt too. You are so sweet!
hugs,
Chris

alicaz said...

Perfect little set! Love Henry and you colored him wonderfully! Great papers too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Chris said...

super cute card and tin! great gift set!

Cheryl Valadez said...

This is wonderful! The colors are so soft and muted...just delicious! That little mouse is so dang cute and the pops of glitter are perfect!

Giò said...

Fabulous gift set!!! I really like how you coloured Henry Mouse!!!
Thanks for joining us at WOJ challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Anne H. said...

Your gift-set is wonderful!
An adorable image and beautiful colors. Great take on the theme.
Thanks for joining us at WOJ-Challenges.
Anne

Jennifer Shults said...

this is adorable Alyssa! I love the papers... they are gorgeous and that little tin... I LOVE IT! gorgeous work!

BethieJ said...

Alyssa I LOVE this.. the card and tin are just DARLING!! (that sweet stamp is so CUTE.. I need to find it! LOL!!) Such a GREAT color combo... and YES what crafty friend wouldnt love some buttons!!
Happy Holidays!
Have a GREAT day!

Katharina Frei said...

I love this set Alyssa. Great colouration and colour choice.
Katharina