Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad ~

Hello again!  I'm not kidding when I tell you that my mojo has been running on full steam.  It almost seems as if this crafty space away from home is working out for me.  I have to be more organized about what I want or need to work on when.  My mom only lives 1 mile away from me, but I have a hard time getting out of my house.  I'm a bit of a homebody or hermit!  LOL  Anyhow, my Dad's birthday is on Saturday so I just had to get his card done today! 
Meet Boo & Snookie!  I was lucky enough to win this darling stamp during the release hop for the new Emerald Faeries line of stamps.  My dad loves gnomes and faeries and forest creatures, so I knew this would be the image for him.
When I initially started this card, I wanted to use it for the Copic Creations challenge of shading on paper piecing.  The shell and belly area of the snail are pieced with a grungy looking orange paper from the Basic Grey Archaic line.  Well, I missed that challenge!  The new challenge is #40 Light Source.  I chose to do the light source from the upper left to right overhead.  Amazing to me b/c almost always I do the light source from the upper right - maybe because I'm right handed ???  IDK.  Once it was all colored up and matted, I covered the shell and belly with a thin layer of Glossy Accents.  I used two other papers from the 6x6 pack, but you can't see the middle one due to all the twig punches on it.  Whoops!
Not much else to explain on this card.  Here are the challenges I'm entering it for:
Basic Grey Challenge #34: Recipe challenge
A Crafty Little Place #66: Anything Goes
Copic Creations #40: Light SourceCute Card Thursday #140: Blast from the Past - I chose challenge #131 a sketch challenge
Moxie Fab Card Creations: Birthday Card Challenge
Paper Sundaes #46: Adorn the Corners
Tuesday Throwdown #27: Embellish it!
Now don't roll your eyes or anything...but I'll be back tomorrow!  I have a super cute altered item that I made today.  It's not perfect but I love it all the same!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Boo & Snookie; PTI Mother
INK: Memento Rich Cocoa & Tuxedo Black
PAPER: PTI Dark Chocolate & Rustic Cream; Basic Grey Archaic 
OTHER: Copics {B000, B21, B24, B34, B97, B99, BG10, C7, C9, E00, E11, R20, YG91, YG93, YG95, YR12, YR15, YR18, Colorless Blender} Blue, Silver & Black Spica pens; Ranger Glossy Accents; Martha Stewart twig punch; hemp twine; PTI Terracotta Tile button; Spellbinders tag trio dies; Cuttlebug Vintage dies; Koh-i-Noor color pencils; dimensionals

17 comments:

Alison said...

Lyss, this STUNNING!!! What a sweet image...I want it! Amazing card, I hope your Dad loves it. I know I do!!!

Chris said...

this is fabulous!! your dad will love it! love that snail!

Crystal said...

Great card, I'm sure your dad will love it! Love the leaf punches too! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, this is fabulous! Your father will love it!

Denise said...

Your coloring is beautiful - it conveys so much warmth. Love your blog!

Kerri said...

This looks amazing, Alyssa! I love the shading and never would have known it was paper pieced it's so perfect! Your dad is going to love it!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

Oh this is a fabulous image! I love it!

Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes this week!
♥Lisa M.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Girl, you are on a mojo roll with all these fabulous projects you've been making! This one is adorable!

Victoria said...

wow this is gorgeous - it also qualifies for magical mondays if you are interested x

Crafty Lou said...

Hi!this is such a great card,just love it and the colours are perfect-it will be so loved.
Thankyou for joining our BasicGrey Challenge,hugs Lou & the DT.xx

Julie E said...

Such a sweet image and the coloring is perfect - of course!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

What a goreous card! Love the rich image colors and the pp you used. The deep earth tones are perfect for a masculine card. Wonderfully done!

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

~*Joni said...

This is such a great card for your dad! Wow - what a perfect image that he'll love. Your coloring is great, the warm DP is so nice. Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge at ACLP this week!
~*Joni ACLP DT

Karina said...

A wonderful card! Love this color combination, and the image is so sweet. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
Hugs, Karina

Rica said...

Fabulous card Alyssa, great colouring of the adorable Boo and Snookie, stunning layout and lovely details.

Thanks so much for joining at Copic Creations,
hugs Heather xx

Cath said...

Hey Alyssa! Thanks for entering the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions Week Birthday challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

mycardz said...

Hi Alyssa! Wow, your card is awesome! Love your coloring on this one, gorgeous colors. I 'm sure your Dad will love it!! Thanks so much for joining us at Copic Creations. hugz, Mary