Thursday, December 23, 2010

An Announcement & the last of the Christmas Goodies ~

Hi all!  I'm super excited to tell you that I've been chosen to be on the first ever design team for iCopic!!  The store carries Copics {of course!}, airbrush systems, Washi tape & stamps galore!  I get to be on the team with a few other fantastically talented ladies - Wanda, Linda & Samantha - our fearless leader.   Make sure to bop over to their blogs and bop around for some serious eye candy!
Now I have a couple more Christmas cards and another altered elf stocking to show you.  I hope the elf stocking makes it to the recipient before she sees it on here!! {wink}  The first is a rejected publication card.  I saw a negative space card using tons of buttons...immediately, I thought of making a snowman!
The snowman shape is cut out using circle nesties.  I traced it lightly onto the cardbase and then applied tons of Tombow mono multi glue to adhere all the buttons.  I added some pure poppy baker's twine around a scrap of paper as the scarf, a few scraps for the hat, some pearls and rhinestones as the face and buttons and finally some birch twig tops for arms.  The sentiment is embossed and some snowflakes from PTI's Snowflake Serenade were stamped to finish it all off! 
Next is a card I CASED from Dawn at Wplus9 Designs.  I fell in love with this set {Poinsettia Patterns} and stamped off quite a few cards as soon as I got the set.  Her card is much more glamorous but I loved the simplicity of mine all the same.
Some double sided satin ribbon from Hobby Lobby, pure poppy baker's twine and a button finish this off just fine.  Since I was going from memory on the CASE, I forgot to add any pearls or even Stickles.  Linking it now, I realized it might have given it that extra umph! I was looking for...    Oh well!  There's always next year's cards to think about!  lol
The last Christmas card is one that my hubby actually picked as one of his favorites...kinda floored me!  lol
This sweet, little, vintage Santa is from Rubbernecker Stamps.  I fell in love with him a couple of years ago, snatched him up, stamped him off and colored him...then let him sit for at least a year!  How sad is that!?!    His hair and parts of his clothing are swirled with white Liquid Applique...such cool stuff!  The background is some PTI Distressed Dots paper stamped with Background Basics: Christmas text.  He's pop dotted over some hand-cut vellum snow drifts with a sentiment from PTI's Holiday Button Bits. 
And last, but not least, here is another altered elf stocking.  It's on it's way to Annie's house!  Hopefully it's gets there tomorrow...
I used the Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather line for the papers and sponged everything with Ranger Distress Vintage Photo ink.  The rusty snowflakes and jingle bell are from some Joann's holiday sprigs...they sold out really quickly! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'm rearranging the stamp world and getting organized for the New Year!  I hope you all have a fantabulous Christmas and ring in 2011 with a bang!!  I really appreciate all of my blogging buddies...thank you all for all your fabulous comments and support!  Happy Holidays!!  ~lyss



12 comments:

Alison said...

Oh my gosh...I love EVERYTHING you showed here!!! And congrats on making the DT!!! I am thrilled for you! I am SO gonna borrow that button idea for a snowman! Brilliant!

Pam said...

ManOman - we've got a celebrity in our midst! Way to go on the icopic team! Aren't they the smart ones picking you! Congrats m'lady! Inhale...exhale...inhale...enjoy the next couple of days ;-)

Julie E said...

My oh my, what a "fantabulous" post :>)
From the DT (which my response was "duh" since you should be on every DT that involves copics), to fabby cards, and another amazing stocking! I love your Shutterfly card too :>) Wasn't the quality great?!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

First, I'm going to be selfish and say "OMG, I can't wait to get that stocking!" It didn't come today, but it will be lovingly displayed ('cause elfs wear stockings all winter) and then lovingly wrapped up for next year. Thank you! It's so gorgeous!

Now, on to your cards. What can I say, I love them all and the snowman card is awesome! I have got to try the negative space with buttons.

Congrats on the DT! You'll be awesome and maybe some of your copic skills will rub off on me...I'm hoping this happens just by reading your blog and not by actually practicing or anything.

Dawn said...

Love them all! The rustic snowman is FABulous. And btw, I like yours more. ;)

Alaine said...

These are beautiful. Congratulations on being named to the iCopic team. Can't wait to see what you do.

Wanda said...

Hi Alyssa! Love your blog...and that elf stocking is SO gorgeous! I can't wait to work with you on the design team! Have a very Merry Christmas. Wanda

terri said...

Congratulations, MyMyssLyss, on all of your accomplishments. You are so very truly talented. :)

I also pick the card that D picked as my fave.

Love you, miss you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
;)t

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are all absolutely gorgeous but the snowman with the buttons is adorable!! Love it!
Merry Christmas to you and your family! May the joy and peace of Christmas remain with you through out the new year.
hugs,
Chris

Rebecca said...

Congrats on the DT! That is awesome ;) And all of your Christmas creations are gorgeous. That snowman card with the buttons is super fabulous, though. I think I'm gonna let me little girl make a snowman button card this week (yeah, Christmas is over, but winter's not!).

Edna Morrisedie said...

These are cool!! Love your use of buttons and the stocking is especially eye catching, well done on the DT spot too!

Justine said...

It's official, I'm your newest stalker. I really love your style, great inspiration. Thank you and I look forward to seeing more