Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Amber's InKredible 21 Day Challenge ~

Hi all!  I'm here today with a project for the Amber Ink 21 Day Challenge.  I get so organized at the beginning of the year, start lists here and there as a gift idea presents itself and then lose everything or don't have enough time to order things to get here in time for the big day.  I hope to get a jump on my holiday shopping in 2011, so when I saw Dawn's holiday planner, I just knew I had to make my own!  Just think, a designated place for all those lists!  {swoon}
I used four different iPapers in this little 4.5 x 6" planner.  The first is on the front and back covers and is called Spin Pin: Holiday - Holly Tiny.  It's a fun paper that totally reminds me of a big bowl of red and white ornaments with some holly sprigs thrown in!  The focal image is pieced together from 'Tis the Season to be Pretty.  It's the Amber girl, the tree and the trio of presents.  It's colored with Copics based upon the iPapers I used.  I really had to tame the inner demon that wanted to embellish this with Stickles, glitter, flock and Flower Soft!  lol  This needed to be left sans fun stuff so it wouldn't stick and catch on things in my purse.  Bummer...  ;o)
When you open the book, you'll find the Holiday Cheer paper in purple tiny.  The ornament is another piece from 'Tis the Season to be Pretty and is colored with Copics.  Again, I just wanted to leave things simple and clean so they didn't catch on anything or fall apart.  Behind this page is plain notebook paper.  I can use a page per person, write gift ideas in pencil, then go back and mark what I ended up getting in pen.  This can serve as a reminder of what was given and those items I didn't get start the new year as the gift idea list or can be erased if they no longer apply!
This next divider is the Starburst tiny Blue iPaper.  The starburst is also from the 'Tis the Season set.  I lightly colored a couple of areas with Copics and then sparkled it up with red and silver Spica pens and a Sakura clearstar pen.  Behind this is an envelope to hold any of those fabby coupons that start coming around Thanksgiving...you know, the Target book, the Bed Bath & Beyond and the ValuPak stuff.  A penny saved is a penny you can spend on stamps!!  lol 
Last, but certainly not least, is the Receipt section.  This iPaper is the Snowflake Lace tiny red.  It's so pretty!  I'm such a sucker for snowflakes...I really have to restrain myself to not buy every snowflake set out there!  The mistletoe image is from 'Tis the Season.  I colored each little title item with a color from a different iPaper to tie it all together.  The berries were too small to add any shading to or anything, so they're dotted with the clearstar pen.  Behind this is another envelope.  I am so excited to have somewhere to place all of these receipts.  No more important receipts floating around my purse!!  Yay!! 
Probably the best thing about this little book is that I made it with easy to open key rings.  I can add or remove things as needed.  Like right now, I just got the idea to make myself a Christmas card section.  I make a new list every year and can't decide who gets what card.  Now, I could write what card they got and whether or not I sent anything else.  For example, for the past two years I've added large lottery scratch off tickets to all my brothers' cards.  This year I completely forgot about it!  If I had my list, it would act as a reminder! 
So the theme for Amber's InKredible 21 Day Challenge is organization!  Bop over to the challenge blog to find out the details and add your entry!  You should also check out the other Torchbearers - they have some amazing projects full of organizational inspiration!! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a super day!  We're off to take the Zaniac to his first matinee, Tangled!  Wish us luck that he'll sit through it...it's almost 2 hours long!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Amber Ink 'Tis the Season to Be Pretty 
INK: HP printer ink
PAPER: Amber Ink iPaper Holiday Cheer Tiny Purple, Snowflake Lace Tiny Red, Spin Pin Holiday Holly Tiny & Starburst Tiny Blue; PTI SS White, True Black, Enchanted Evening & Pure Poppy; notebook paper; envelopes
OTHER: Copics {B000, BG10, BG15, BG23, BG9, C1, C3, C5, E00, E11, E25, E27, E29, E55, E57, E59, G07, R20, R29, R39, R59, V09, V17, YG06, YG09, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y21, Y32}; Copic Spica pens: Red, Silver, Lemon; Sakura Clearstar gel pen; Spellbinders large & small petite oval dies; key rings; crop a dile; PTI Fillable Frames 10 & Mat Stack 3 dies

6 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is a fabulous creation! I should make myself one of these. That ipaper looks gorgeous!

Enjoy the movie. I took Natalie for her birthday and she liked it.

*CAFE said...

I love this idea, Alyssa! Great coloring and paper choices, too!

Julie E said...

You are just soooo creative with the ipaper and images! Fun idea and one that I could probably use. There are so many b-days around the holidays in my family too.
Happy New Year - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas card I received :>)

Pam said...

This is great! I really like the ipaper dividers w/the images - and the cover is just SO festive. How proud you must be to already have a jump on next Christmas! I can't even think about it or my brain will explode! Hauoli makahiki hou!

Lindsey said...

This is absolutely brilliant! I like how you've used the various images from Tis the Season. Way to rock the challenge!

Kerri said...

What an awesome idea!!! OOOH, I so need ways to stay organized because that is not one of my strong suits:) LOVE IT!!!