Sunday, November 7, 2010

Some Xmas Mojo ~

The Mojo Monday Sketch challenge for this week {#163} has been super inspiring for me!  I was able to complete 2 more Xmas cards and 2 Xmas Thank Yous!  I realized that it's been almost 6 weeks since my and my son's birthdays and I have yet to send my thank you cards.  {hanging head in shame}  So I decided to get ahead of the game this year and make a few Xmas thank yous so I'll be ready! lol  Here's the last card I made that also happens to be my favorite!
I wanted to create a background paper that coordinated with the ornament from Verve's Holly Jolly set, so I pulled out the PTI set Distressed Stripes and made a candy cane striped paper.  The sentiment label is cut with Labels 4 nestabilities and clear embossed with a Signature Christmas sentiment.  The ornament was stamped in VersaMark and Pure Poppy and then clear embossed as well. 
The bow is my favorite part though!  A couple of jingle bells and a sparkly rimmed button tied in a bow with some bakers twine around the satin bow.  The next thank you card needs a bit more something, but I can't place my finger on it.  Maybe you all can help?
Same card essentially, just with a different ribbon treatment.  Perhaps that's the problem?  I'd already adhered the background paper when I decided I wanted to do something different.  Plus I've used the last of my Pure Poppy satin ribbon.  Oh, what's a girl to do?  It does look like this one qualifies for the 2010 Christmas Card Challenge #49 with the inspiration photo though.  :o)
Next is a Christmas card that was inspired by a couple of other challenges - Flourishes {Warm Winter Wishes color challenge} and Cute Card Thursday #137 {Gently does it - use vellum}. 
The background paper on this and the next was created by stamping the snowflakes from Snowflake Serenade in VersaMark on shimmery white paper and brushing some Perfect Pearls in the blue/green duo over them with a blush brush {it was the only thing I had!}.  It doesn't photograph all that well, but it's gorgeous in person.  The card base and frame are made with Night Sky shimmer cardstock - oh.so.pretty!!  The ornament is embossed in white and silver on vellum and placed on super thin dimensionals behind the dark blue frame.  The floss is a white with a bit of silvery cord wrapped around it.  I didn't like the way it tied, so I changed it to white satin on this one.
This ornament was stamped in VersaMark and Enchanted Evening and clear embossed.  Turns out that these two cards qualify for the new Paper Sundaes challenge #43 {Let it Snow!}. 
Well, if you're still with me, thanks for hanging around!  I hope to have another craft filled day tomorrow finally finishing some cards I've been working on with some fabulous Paper Garden Projects digi images.  Hope you all are having a fantabulous Sunday!  :o) lyss

20 comments:

Fiona said...

these are fab...love the colours and how they all look so different. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

ACK! Look at all these wonderful cards. You've really shown the versatility of this sketch. Well done.

Kerri said...

These are all so gorgeous, Alyssa! I love the little changes you made on each one. You should submit the last one to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge~Blue, Silver, and White:)

Dawn B. said...

Beautiful cards Alyssa.. Thanks for joining Flourishes challenge this week. We have a new release party over on Splitcoastsampers on Thursday night at 9 p.m. CT. Hope to see you there.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, these are all fabulous! Love the ornaments, and the candycane stripe on the first card is so festive. Your blues are sweet, soft and beautiful!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love them all but the candy cane looking paper is my favorite. Great work!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so fun! Love those jingle bells!

Chris said...

these are all gorgeous!!!

Julie E said...

All are so nice - you made just enough changes on each to make them all individual. Great way to get a few cards made all at once without turning it into a pure production line! BTW - #2 is my fave with all that PP.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Oh I can't decide which color I like best they are both great. I like the little bells you added too, very cute touch.

StephC said...

Gorgeous cards! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

Sandy Ang said...

3 great takes on the same design !
Love to see you at my Christmas Card Challenge
http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lcom-christmas-card-crop-hop.html

MacKenzie said...

These came out great - the jingle bells are a nice touch!

Tracy V. said...

Love them all. Love the Clean, simple and elegant look!
Thanks for joining us at paper Sundaes
Tracy C

cardcrazy said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

Amy said...

These are all beautiful cards, and I love that you created your own background paper!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Cute cards! Love those ornaments and the lil' jingle bells :) TFS

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! You are a creating machine! These are all fabulous! I really love the use of vellum on the first blue...it adds a lovely touch!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, these are all amazing and beautiful! You are a crafty card making machine! I love it! I am especially LOVING that homemade background paper on the top one. If you could just make a big ol' stack of that, I would be one happy camper ;D

Shana said...

Wow Alyssa what an amazing assortment of cards! I love your use of bells and vellum! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!