Friday, November 5, 2010

Shake Your Tail Feathers ~

Hey all!  I've been working my fingers to the bone today stamping up a mess of cards!  I love when the mojo is flowing!  Today I have a new {to me} Kraftin' Kimmie stamp for you - Ms. Vivienne.
She's a saucy little thing, isn't she?  I colored her up with Copics and her feathers with color pencils.  Her beads, shoes, belt and parts of the feathers have some of the Spica pens added for a little glitter and fun!  She has some nice purple eyeshadow and I drew in an iris and eyelashes for her.  I have a confession...I actually had her all colored up, went to add eyelashes and totally jacked up her face!  I had to color another head and cut it out to paste on top of this one!  lol 
I couldn't get a bow to lay the way I wanted it to, so I just tied a knot with another piece of ribbon in there for a bit more flair.  The sentiment was created from a long PTI sentiment and the flourish is just part of another stamp from Simply Stationery {I had to have that set and have never really used it!}. 
The inside is finished off with more of the Kaisercraft paper and one of the sentiments that come with her - Shake Your Tailfeathers!  I'm keeping this short and sweet so that I can get it in for a couple of challenge deadlines.  Here are the challenges that she qualifies for:
I went a little nuts today on challenge cards, so I'll have posts on Saturday and Sunday!  Hope you're all having a great start to your weekend!  Thanks for stopping by   :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Vivienne; PaperTrey Ink Big & Bold Wishes & Simply Stationery
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Broken China
PAPER: Prism purple; PTI True Black & SS White; DP Kaisercraft {sorry, I can't remember the name!}
OTHER: Copics {B21, B24, BG13, BG15, BG23, E00, E11, E29, E33, E37, RV91, RV93, RV95, R20}; Copic Spica pens; Spellbinders large & small petite ovals; Spellbinders tag trio dies; black brads; dimensionals; multiliner pen

9 comments:

Julie said...

This is so cute and sassy! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

Julie

Julie E said...

Saucy is definitely the way to describe her! Great shading on the oval and just an overall fun card!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, I love this image! Your coloring is fab and your layout is inspiring! I am loving your confession regarding her "face lift"...LOL! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with something to "hide" ;D She looks gorgeous!

Kerri said...

Girl, you have been busy!!! I just LOVE these images, and your coloring looks fantastic! I have had to do that before too, where I cut off the head LOL! Gorgeous card:)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is gorgeous!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Love the saucy little lady. I'm glad your mojo is flowing! It's always a great day when you feel like spending it crafting. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Summerhays
7 Kids College Fund DT

Chris said...

what a sexy biotch!!

Manuela said...

Beautiful card!! ♥

Thanks for joining us this week at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

Cheryl said...

Wonderfull card! Love her rich, brown hair!
Thanks for joining in our challenge!