Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mojolicious Lil Lolita ~

Hey all!  I'm just bopping in to show a card I made for the Lil Lolita Boutique Challenge #21 {birthdays} & Mojo Monday #163
I paper pieced this little lady with a small polka dot print from the Kaisercraft Peachy Keen line and white paper and then added some shading to her dress and hat.  The rest of her is colored in with Copics and a little shine was added to the rose on her belt and the buckles of her shoes with a Sakura clearstar pen.  To add a little more interest to the card I put a little border under the ribbon with the new PTI Victorian Lace border die.  It still felt a little top heavy, so I added some pearls to the bottom right corner.
The inside is finished off with another piece from the Peachy Keen line.  The sentiments are from Verve's sets Feel the Sun and Fancy Florals - and I swear that they aren't this crooked in real life!  I just couldn't get a good picture!  lol
That's all I've got for you!  Hope you're having a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!  :o) lyss

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Lil Lolita 20's Edie; Verve Fancy Florals & Feel the Sun
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Colorbox Chalk Dark Brown
PAPER: PTI Dark Chocolate & Vintage Cream; Georgia Pacific white; Prism; DP Kaisercraft Peachy Keen
OTHER: Copics {B21, B24, C1, C3, C5, E00, E11, E29, E37, E55, E59, R20, R27, YR12, Y28, Y32}; Recollections pearls; 1/4" double sided satin ivory ribbon; PTI Victorian Lace border die; Spellbinders Long Scallop Rectangle nestabilities; Sakura clearstar gel pen

18 comments:

Kellie Winnell said...

This is so elegant, while having a different type of vintage feel to it that I just adore! I love the way you did her dress and then shaded it something I have never thought of doing while doing that technique! Thank you so much for joining LLB this week!
Hugs Kel xx

Kylie said...

Ohhhhhh!!!! How divine! I love these papers with Evie. It is a beautiful card inside and out!
Thanks for playing at LLB this week
Hugs
Kylie

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, this is super beautemous! The Fall colors are gorgeous and I love the clean lines of the card! Plus the inside is just as wonderful!

Karen said...

WOW Alyssa I love those Kaiser Papers and your paper peicing is so cool!! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at LLB:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Carisa said...

oh my this is gorgeous! i love the browns and golds and oranges together.thanks for joining us this week at LLB. :)

Kerri said...

This is sooooo CUTE!!! I LOVE that image! I don't have any Lil Lolita image, but now I have to check them out! Oh I just love her! Your paper piecing and shading look fabulous, and the colors and dp are just gorgeous! Can you tell that I just love it?!?!

Leonie said...

Wow these papers look awesome with EVie and just adore your paper piecing!! fantastic job and thanks for joining in with us at LLB this week!
Hugs Leonie

...just Barbara said...

Lovely - inside and out! Your color choices are superb and I love the simple layout. Great job! Thanks for joining the Lil Lolita Boutique Challenge this week. ;D

Bron said...

Oh this is one of my favorite Lolita's and the colours your have used with her are just delightful. Thanks for joining us at LLB this week Hugs from Bron

Jo said...

Oh this is really lovely, love the paper piecing! And the inside is fabulous

Lindy said...

What a beautiful card. TFS

Tiffany Heilman said...

great card! I love the fall combo and your fabulous copic coloring.

Crafty Jenn said...

This is terrific Alyssa! I love the shading and that PTI die is awesome!

Thanks for joining us last week at LLB! Hope to see you again this week. --Sorry for commenting so late.

~Jenn
LLB Oct. Guest DT

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love everything about this card and love how you always make the inside gorgeous too!

Chris said...

OMG, too freaking cute flapper girl!! love the inside too, just fabulous!!

Deconstructing Jen said...

This is SOOO cute Alyssa! I LOVE it!! that paper is gorgeous!

Julie E said...

She's adorable! That PP is great, looks so good, especially on the inside!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Such beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!