Friday, November 26, 2010

Fourth Friday Challenge with Paper Garden Projects for November ~

Its another 4th Friday... you know what that means... So - if you are not out there shopping... come join the fun!  This month our challenge is "Tag - you're it". Create a project that is a tag, contains a tag, or could be used as a tag... we want to see them all!  Your prize? This month it's a fabulous Kraftin Kimmie stamp - Clara and the bird.
The rules are pretty simple. Please include only newly created projects (although feel free to combine this challenge with others out there in blogland). For this month - feel free to enter as many projects as you'd like. Please link back to this challenge. You have until midnight (EST) on Monday, Dec. 6 to enter.  Enter your tag projects on this post.

It's surprising to me to say that I have only made one tag in my stamping career before {snort, career!}.  However, after spending the afternoon making tags the other day, I think I may just have to do it more often!  It's so fun!  You can use so many little scraps of paper and ribbon and ric rac and whatever you have lying around!  Love it!  I made like 10 tags the other day and realized as I was typing this up that I sent the whole lot off with my brother's girlfriend last night without getting photos of most of them or even a group photo.  Sorry...
Here are the ones I did get to photograph:

I started by cutting a bunch of tags with my Cricut using the new Perfect Presentation Tag Set 1 file.  I cut them from Prism cardstocks in various colors.  Sifting through the PP scraps strewn across my desk, I found some Imaginisce Cottage Christmas small scraps and paired them with the red tag.  I embossed a sentiment from the Cute Companions Christmas Delight set using Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear superfine embossing powder.  It's matted on a small strip of white cardstock and then I drew in some faux stitching using a multiliner pen.  I have a problem with it becuase it's not perfect!  But then I figure, I'm not perfect so it's ok...shhh!  Please don't tell my husband!  lol  I added a punched border, some punched snowflakes, a matte button, bakers twine and black sheer swiss dot ribbon.  Super fun and super easy!  
Next came a more rustic looking tag.  I used a red tag and a Kraft tag for this, a little punched icicle border, some ribbons from Paper Garden Projects and another sentiment from the Christmas Delight set. 

These two used the star image from the Christmas Delight set stamped in VersaMark randomly.  The fun snowflakes were created with some glittered foam paper from my stash and Spellbinders snowflake dies.  Lots of fun ribbon, ric rac and buttons on these!



I'm mad at myself for not getting a pic of the rest, but they're so easy that I'm sure I'll be making more!  Just think of cute little kraft tags with a sweet Christmas image stamped on them in black or VersaMark and a few fun embellishments.  I'm so thinking of making some tins full of these for my SIL's as Christmas gifts - tags for all occasions.  A great way to use up my scraps and give a great gift that will be used!  Hope you enjoyed my tags today!  Please bop around to the other Gardener's and see what inspiration and eye candy they have for you!
* Cathy
* Amber
* Tangii
* Linda
* Andrea
* Clare
Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your weekend!  :o) lyss

7 comments:

Terri said...

Great job on both of them! I had not made many tags before either. I think that will be changing now too.

Kerri said...

Oh these are so pretty, Alyssa!!! Aren't they so fun! I love making tags:)

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

These are cute! I love the almost instant gratification of tags - and I get a kick out of using scraps too. I'm having my kids help make some this year!

Julie E said...

So nice - I like all you little added touches, like the button on the ribbon or twine tied around the ribbon. Tags are definitely the "it" thing this year for crafting! So fun and easy.

Brad Fallon said...

These are terrific! Thanks so much for the wonderfully creative ideas. What a great way to add another special touch to a gift!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your tags are gorgeous! I haven't made many tags either. This year I'm wanting to make tags like crazy.

Chris said...

wow! these are awesome tags!! you've been busy!