Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Perfect Presentation Holding Pattern ~

Hello!  Remember the Holding Pattern template sample I promised you a couple weeks ago??  Well, I finally got it finished!  I'm so in love with this simple little template and I'll show you why!
I started with some Rustic White cardstock as the base and decided to dress it up a bit with October Afternoon Thrift Shop papers.  I just resized the template by 1/4" in SCAL and cut away.  It was a little short for the whole base piece, so a strip of twill tape was added across the bare spot.  The template comes with both a 1/2" pocket (perfect for holding some Copics for a crafty friend.  Hint! Hint!) or a 1 1/2" pocket as well as the decorative mat.  A nice little bow tied with a couple strands threaded through a Berry Sorbet button make this a fun find for someone coming into the office or coming home from a long day.  These door hangers would be perfect for the Secret Santa games that people like to play too!   
Another idea I had for these are simple door hangers to remind people not to ring the doorbell!  My little guy is such a light sleeper...my mom would always just get him down for a nap when someone would come to the door.  Too bad I didn't think of making her one of these before he stopped napping! lol  Of all the baby stamps I have, I don't have one that says Shh... or Baby Sleeping.  I created the sentiment on the computer and printed it out in a few sizes.  The larger sentiment was then cut with classic circle nesties and stamped with the feet from an older SU set, I'm Here.  The smaller sentiment is layered on a frame cut from the Perfect Presentation file Label Frames 2.  I cut it in Aqua Mist and didn't like how all the colors went together, so I smooshed an Ocean Tides ink pad over it to get whatever color that is!
That's all I have for you today, but I'll be back with the Paper Garden Projects Garden Walk on Saturday.  Our focus this month is the Holidays, so pull on your Santa hat and get ready for some amazing projects from all the gardeners!  Have a fabulous day!!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PaperTrey Ink Mixed Messages & Polka Dot Basics; Stampin' Up! I'm Here; Whiff of Joy Willow Holding Baby; computer generated sentiments
INK: PTI Fresh Snow, Ocean Tides, Sweet Blush & Vintage Cream; Memento Tuxedo Black; HP printer ink
PAPER: PTI Aqua Mist, Kraft, Sweet Blush & Rustic White; Georgia Pacific white; October Afternoon Thrift Shop DP
OTHER: Copics {no list}; dimensionals; PTI Sweet Blush dot ribbon, Vintage Buttons in white/cream mix & Berry Sorbet; 1/4" double faced pink satin ribbon; twill tape; pressed hemp twine; Spellbinders tag trio dies & Classic Circle nestabilities; Perfect Presentation Holding Pattern & Label Frames 2

4 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Look at your amazingness! Fabulous projects and i have GOT to make a baby sleeping hanger for my SIL--she's got baby twins and they are so cute! The boy looks just like my brother except he's got brown hair instead of blond and the girl reminds me of my youngest girl with her delicate face.

Miss you! I've been so busy and Elizabeth has been taking off with my phone almost everyday--kids are out of school for Fall Break this week and she's riding her bike with school friends and I need a way to call her, so I send my phone with her.

Kerri said...

Ok, I am totally going to make a baby sleeping one for a friend of mine! Thank you for the awesome idea!!! I always taped a sticky note over our doorbell, but this is so much cuter LOL! These are all just gorgeous, Alyssa!

Terri said...

Great job on all of them! I especially like the first one though. Love that DP you used.

Chris said...

these are very cool!